• Similar Content

• By DerHusker
      My wife and I have been cooped up in our house for 2 weeks so we decided to take a drive just to get out. We drove down to Downtown San Diego to see what things were like and found a virtual ghost town.  This video shows us driving up 5th in the Gaslamp District. Normally there would be thousands of people on the sidewalks and bumper to bumper traffic. Pretty surreal!

• By DerHusker
      I’m really getting into wok cooking. Here a cook I did last Sunday for Dinner.

Here are most the ingredients.

Ingredient List:
      2 Tbsp light soy sauce
      1 Tbsp oyster sauce
      1 Tsp Siracha
      1 Tbsp butter
      2 eggs, beaten, seasoned with salt
      2 Tbsp cooking oil (I used Sesame)
      2 cloves garlic, chopped (approximately 1 1/2 tsp)
      1 1/2 tsp chopped ginger
      1/2 cup small diced onion (approximately 1/2 of medium size onion)
      1 boneless skinless chicken thighs (approximately 4 to 5 oz) (I used Chicken Breast)
      1/4 cup carrot, small diced
      2 cups cold jasmine rice, or brown jasmine rice, recommended a day old (I used Cauliflower Rice)
      1/4 cup frozen peas, optional (I added Celery)
      4 green onions, chopped
      sesame seeds for garnish
      salt and pepper

I heated up the wok and put in 1 tbsp. of sesame oil. I then put in the ginger, garlic and onion and let them start to soften.

Next was the carrots. (Cooked for approximately 1 minute)

Next was the chicken. (Cooked until it was opaque)

Next was the celery including some leaves. (Cooked for approximately 1 minute)

Now I added the rice and the sauce. (Mixed it together and cooked for approximately 1 minute)

Next, I moved the mixture aside and added another tbsp. of sesame oil

and added the beaten eggs. (Cooked until it had mostly formed solid. Approximately 1 minute)

I then mix everything together. (Cooked for approximately 1 minute)

And finally, I added the green onion.

I cooked it for approximately 30 seconds and served.

Sorry no plated shot but this was delicious!

Thanks for looking.
    • By Smokingdadbbq
      In this video, you will find all of the information necessary to properly unbox and assemble your new Kamado Joe Classic III grill.  I didn't think to make a video for the first one, so thought I would share tips I picked up from doing it a second time around.

• By philpom
      "Pickled" Dill Bread

1 cup of water + 1 tbs
      1/3 cup of white vinegar
      4 cups of all purpose flour
      1/4 cup of potato flakes
      4 1/2 tbs white sugar
      2 1/2 tbs powder milk
      2 tsp kosher salt
      3 tbs butter
      4 tsp instant dry yeast
      1 heaping tbs dill seed.

Combine according to your bread machine instructions. Mine says add fluid, flour, other - being certain the yeast does not come in contact with any water.

Use the knead/dough only quick cycle. Once the cycle is completed remove the dough ball and form a "log" blob. Have a pre-warmed pizza stone ready with a heating pad underneath set to high to keep it warm. The stone should be a gentle warm and not hot. Place a large clear bowl over the dough and allow an additional 1 to 1 1/2 hours to rise. I put some cornmeal on the stone to help prevent sticking.

Place in the kamado preheated to 350 degrees setup for indirect cooking and bake for about 50 minutes or until the loaf sounds hollow when you tap on it.

Cut and serve - be sure to try it still warm with butter!

Look at this topic for some picture of what it might look like:
      viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2819
    • By DerHusker
      Huskers Aunt (My Niece) sent him a new toy that he loves. He also confiscated Bonnie's toy and was having a blast playing with them so we videoed it. Hope you get a laugh out of it like we did.

Enjoy and thanks for looking.