Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • John Setzler

      Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

      The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

      Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

      The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

      You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

      You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

      Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
KamadoCrazy

Can this be for real?

Recommended Posts

On 2/11/2017 at 4:02 PM, coldfusion said:

It's good for now tho, just follow the rules. I might add don't ever record anything to disk or drive.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

 

What exactly beyond do not record and using a VPN are there?  Inquiring minds want to know. You can use the default default KODI and do not use the self enhanced ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL I also ordered two. You should have seen my wife's expression when I told her that I ordered two more Kamados before i told her the deal. Just now as she was going to bed i had her read the cancellation notice. She said if you want one just do it. The junior Akorn is tempting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marty said:

LOL I also ordered two. You should have seen my wife's expression when I told her that I ordered two more Kamados before i told her the deal. Just now as she was going to bed i had her read the cancellation notice. She said if you want one just do it. The junior Akorn is tempting.

I'm trying to convince my wife it will pay for itself in lump usage efficiency vs the Big Joe. She's never rolled her eyes so loud....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, afingerhut said:

I'm trying to convince my wife it will pay for itself in lump usage efficiency vs the Big Joe. She's never rolled her eyes so loud....

 i primarily grill on the Big Joe.

Short story we had two hams for Christmas and the tried and true was made in the oven. I did the other at 250 for six hours a week ago. I was shocked at how little lump was used. Then I grilled chicken wings for lunch and country style ribs for supper the next day. Each time that I cooked I was shocked at the difference in how much lump was used.

 

With out any doubt there would be a savings but mostly for grilling.

 

I am heading for some kind of mini. At some point I will get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Marty said:

 i primarily grill on the Big Joe.

Short story we had two hams for Christmas and the tried and true was made in the oven. I did the other at 250 for six hours a week ago. I was shocked at how little lump was used. Then I grilled chicken wings for lunch and country style ribs for supper the next day. Each time that I cooked I was shocked at the difference in how much lump was used.

 

With out any doubt there would be a savings but mostly for grilling.

 

I am heading for some kind of mini. At some point I will get there.

I grill quite a bit more often than I smoke, so that is where the Jr comes in. It will heat faster and consume less lump. Win win on week night cooks for the 2 of us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I came into this late.  I was initially excited then I went to the last few posts. 

 

Anyway, my wife would have rolled her eyes if I got another Kamado.

 

Good to know we have great people on our forums that key in on a possible great deal.

 

My Dad always said "if it's too good to be true, it probably is....".

 

Cheers

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you'd get very far. Retailers are under no obligation to meet a pricing error. Most brick and mortars usually do, as a matter of customer service, but there is no legal requirement. 

 

I don't think most brick and mortars would have sold this grill at that price error. And when a B&M does it, it would be for one customer. When Amazon has an error, it's exponential. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×