Can this be for real?

Thing I can't figure out is why anyone would pay $650 for one of these.  I mean, no offense to anyone who did but there are certainly cheaper options out there.  Hope I get one even though I don't need it, I can set it up semi permanent like on my table for a sear grill while cooking on my Akorn and use the Jr for "other" and "travel" purposes.

27 minutes ago, coldfusion said:

Same here, I better get mine I already in my mind bought a table to put it on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If your mind is set on something that is one thing. Don't commit your credit card till you get it.

23 minutes ago, vyperclaw said:

I've already started shopping for a nest to put it in--I haven't been able to locate one. Would the nest with handles for the BGE Minimax work? Does BGE even sell a nest separately for the mininax?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I had my small grill dome I went down this path pretty unsuccessfully. I tried to find a KJ dealer that could order the KJ Jr. stand but no luck. Also would have used a small BGE nest if I could find one at a reasonable price. 

Half the reason I didn't didn't use it much and ended up selling it was because I had it on the ground and it was awkward to cook on. 

4 hours ago, coldfusion said:

Someone posted a picture on the forum last week of a table made with 4 concrete building blocks on end, together with a fairly large flat concrete paver/stepper on top of the 4. Looked good!

That would have been me, here it is again!:-D

cinder block table.jpg

Garvin

29 minutes ago, coldfusion said:

Yep!
I'm going to make 1 or 2 of those!
Thanks for posting Garvin

As long as the surface is level and stable those tables would be cheap, solid, and have to me a sort of industrial chic look. If not on pavers or concrete i would rake the compacted dirt level and add a paver base. I have had very good luck with this approach. This style rake with a long handle does a great job. There is even storage shelves!! LOL

https://www.amazon.com/True-Temper-Action-Hoe-1866300/dp/B00004S1RO/ref=sr_1_18?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1487086107&sr=1-18&keywords=push+pull+hoe

Z

Or you could make one from flat stock or buy this. You have to scroll down a bit.

http://www.bbqguys.com/category_path_10604.html