Valentine's Day Menu

Earlier this week, my wife suggested we go to one of our favorite places. Which I was totally fine with. It's about an hour away. Technically, most places are at least an hour away from us...

Anyway, last night, she said, "You know, we have some steaks in the freezer, why don't you make those, baked potatoes, and asparagus." I was working from home today, so that was perfect.

So, the potatoes are on the grill right now, using @BEER-N-BBQ by Larrylow and slow baked potato 'recipe'. The steaks are bagged and the SV is almost at temp. I'll drop them in for an hour.

The asparagus will go on the grill for a bit, then I will crank it up and sear the steaks. I' glad she changed her mind, this should be a great meal.

2 hours ago, BEER-N-BBQ by Larry said:

Awesome. Btw, I also have an asparagus recipe video on my channel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll check that out.

The potatoes came out great. I coated them in oil and added some salt and pepper on the skin.

They took longer than expected, though. I had them at 250 for 3 hors and they were still pretty hard. They were probing at 180. I had to crank the grill up for the asparagus and then higher for the steak, so I just moved the potatoes to the hot side and let them go. Took another 25 minutes or so, but they got up to 205 and I pulled them before I did the sear.

Thanks!

Cooked for the wife and kids. Perfectly cooked ribeye, steamed vegetables, crab stuffed bacon wrapped shrimp, and rose potatoes. The shrimp had a white wine, heavy cream, onion, garlic, and basil pesto sauce over them. Everything turned out really good. The Primo was working overtime. 

20170214_144347_zpsapbmz9h7.jpg

20170214_180102_zpsnvw8sa9v.jpg

5 hours ago, BOOMSTICK069 said:

Cooked for the wife and kids. Perfectly cooked ribeye, steamed vegetables, crab stuffed bacon wrapped shrimp, and rose potatoes. The shrimp had a white wine, heavy cream, onion, garlic, and basil pesto sauce over them. Everything turned out really good. The Primo was working overtime. 

20170214_144347_zpsapbmz9h7.jpg

20170214_180102_zpsnvw8sa9v.jpg

I will not be showing this to the wife.

Thanks for all the kind words. The potatoes were super easy to do and were a big hit. Not only did they look good but they tasted good as well. This was the easiest method I found to make them. Only thing I did different was I bought some fresh Asiago and Parmesan cheese and grated it over the potatoes once I uncovered them.