Pulled Beef Tonight!

Personally, I like chuck roast better than brisket and it is considerably cheaper because everyone wants brisket these days thanks to the cooking shows. I bought this 3-pounder for slightly more than $3 per pound. It came in at just under $10. It should make a great pulled beef to eat with its own sauces on it or as my kid likes it, as a sandwich with maybe some horseradish mayo. 

It is on the grill at a rock solid 243 degrees (thanks TipTopTemp!) with some hickory smoke rolling. It is seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, chili powder, parsley, and oregano.  At about 150, I will foil it in a roasting pan with some beef broth and maybe a little red wine to braise it the rest of the way.  The fam likes noodles, so I will throw on a baked potato for myself later in the cook. 

More pics to come. 

IMG_0351.JPG

After resting in the pan juices for about 1.5 hours.

Then, after being pulled. It was absolutely fantastic. So tender without being greasy. I could have drank the pan juices from a glass. My son crossed me up and said he wanted BBQ sauce on his sandwich and loved it. We will get two meals out of this so dinner is cooked for tomorrow other than sides! Two family meals for about $10. Hard to beat. 

IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0357.JPG

Can't beat 10 bucks looks great we often over look what can be done with the cheaper cuts

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

One thing I always remember from Gordon Ramsay is that anyone can make the great pieces of meat taste good. The great chefs turn lesser pieces of meat into something special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk