Today is this cute little girl's Birthday

Garvinque

We are looking at an ASD diagnosis for our toddler. I've spent the last couple of years joking how good my older one is and how naughty the little one is. - couldn't have two kids from the same parents and upbringing turn out more different. Knowing what we know now, I feel awful about this. She's an exceptional young lady and I hope I can be everything she needs me to be. Funny that with a diagnosis and explanation, my patience and tolerance have been restored and I am on a mission to fight the good fight.  Every day is still a battle, but I feel like I'm fighting with her now instead of against her. 

I'm not ashamed either - not one bit! :)

23 minutes ago, KismetKamado said:

We are looking at an ASD diagnosis for our toddler. I've spent the last couple of years joking how good my older one is and how naughty the little one is. - couldn't have two kids from the same parents and upbringing turn out more different. Knowing what we know now, I feel awful about this. She's an exceptional young lady and I hope I can be everything she needs me to be. Funny that with a diagnosis and explanation, my patience and tolerance have been restored and I am on a mission to fight the good fight.  Every day is still a battle, but I feel like I'm fighting with her now instead of against her. 

I'm not ashamed either - not one bit! :)

Knowledge is power, and now you have the knowledge to help your child! Not saying it makes it easier but knowing what you dealing with can make it less stressful. Best of luck to you and your daughter!!!

Garvin