komodo kamado hidden gem? craigslist.

kk thanks for looking out for everyone, much appreciated!

3 minutes ago, jackjumper101 said:

Lots of members here know.  Especially owners of genuine KKs.  Also, there are several members here very knowledgeable about Richard Johnson kamados, which that appears to me to be.  

Looks to me like they're using the term "Komodo" and "Kamado" as general interchangeable terms, like how CL people search for alternate spellings, casting a bigger net to try to get more hits.  I'm guessing they don't understand that one is a specific brand.  Seems like simply an uninformed seller.  No mention of how awesome that particular brand is, how much they cost, etc... If they were intentionally pushing it as the brand, they would've gone overboard with the details.  Anyway, just my pinion.

It is pretty cool looking... Would be nice to have if it was in great shape, but from the description, it sounds like it'd be a money pit and major work.  

4 minutes ago, ckreef said:

No maybe about it. That is NOT a Komodo Kamado. 

That is a Richard Johnson POSK (Piece Of #### Kamado) 

ya, you guys would know a lot more than I would about KK. I am pretty new to the kamado game. For all the kamado Veterans thanks for looking out.

6 minutes ago, ckreef said:

Clearly that is a R J cooker. If somebody is interested please please please do your homework prior to dishing out some dough. If you know what you are getting into and are cool with it ...fine. If you think you found a three hundred dollar KK, you did not. 

Just now, loochie said:

ya, you guys would know a lot more than I would about KK. I am pretty new to the kamado game. For all the kamado Veterans thanks for looking out.

I understand lots of people get them confused - no big deal. 

I own 2 authentic KK's and my very depleted bank account can attest to their authenticity. No such thing as a $300 KK. 

11 hours ago, ckreef said:

I frequently see the RK cookers pop up here in restorations or on CG ads and the connotation of them is never overly positive.  Just curious, what's the issue with the RK kamados?

1 hour ago, adam319 said:

here is one on the tulsa OK craiglist

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/for/5973185330.html

Just from the description that's not a KK either. KK's don't have interior ceramic rings that would ever need replacing. Probably another RJ POSK. 

I seriously doubt you would ever find even the smallest used KK for under $1,000