BuckBoard Bacon Help

Bozz73

So first attempt at BuckBoard bacon,. Trying to keep first time simple, I used the Hi Mountain cure. 16lbs pork butt, cut into manageable sizes, cure measured to weight, rubbed in and then put into vacuum bags, but sealed just after most air removed. Fridged for 12days, flipped twice.

So question, I unpacked and rinsed this morning. But there is some discoloration on some pieces, kinda faded\translucent brownish color, no oder. Is this OK?

Any help or guidance appreciated!

b7f934edf29cbee64a5e157adb385863.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No bad odor, it felt slimy right when I took it out the vacuum bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah a little slime is ok. ### long as there is no fuzz. Now if you rinse it with water and pat it down with paper towel and it should be good. I read when doing my buck board from the University of Texas pork can turn gray , will being in a wet cure.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

I've done buckboard bacon a few times, usually wet brining.  if the container is packed a little too tight and the pieces of pork touching each other w/out not enough turning or mixing over 5-7 days, I get some uneven looking pork, I think it just that some pork gets more cured than other parts.  Once smoked and cured it still turned out great.

And please share a few pics of your finished product.