@Likes Big Butts This was all his work, but I did stand around while he did stuff.  I also helped to apply the rub (picture the movie ghost, he was Demi, I was Swayze).  Came out great on the Akorn Jr.  Really may have to get one off these things.  Quick to get up to temps, hold temps, and is great for going from low and slow to searing.  Love my Akorn Senior, just takes a bit longer to get up to temps from low and slow to sear for certain applications.  Overall, a great group of grills, highly recommenced for those in the market at this price point.

17016083_10154064487431534_5191150296354925889_o.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Kamado_Rich
      Hey all.  So I just got my Kamado Joe Big Joe III and this Saturday I’m going to try my first smoking experience and follow this St Louis guide video from @John Setzler.  My question is pretty simple.  Will the cook times shift significantly if I only do 1 rack of ribs.  I understand the times won’t be exact with every rack, but in general, I was looking for thoughts and guidance.

Thanks in advance.

• By Freddy Luc
      Cooked up some ribs yesterday, made 4 different kinds. I’m working in finding the right flavors. I’m a big fan of bark. Pics below, salt and pepper only, salt and pepper with onion powers and garlic powder, commercial all purpose rub and commercial rub with bbq sauce glazed. Interested in hearing people’s homemade rubs. 2-2-1 at around 230 using pit boss k24 Kamado

• By GrillDawg
      Fired up the Kamado Joe today for some baby back ribs. Followed the video @John Setzler posted on YouTube. My rack ended up being a little smaller than the one in the video so I never quite got the bend test, but these were definitely some of the best ribs I have ever had. Pics below!

Baby Back Ribs
      Rub: A custom one made by Lanes BBQ (a local BBQ place located in Bethlehem, GA). On Father's Day our church gave out a custom rub Lane's made to all the dads. It was great!!
      Sauce: Sweet Baby Ray's diluted with some apple juice
      Cook time: 5ish hours
      Smoked with some cherry blocks

1. Put them on the grill around 12:30PM

2. ~2 hours into cook

3. Profile shot (~3 hours)

4. Gettin' saucy (~4 hours)

5. Nice color and glaze. This was right before I took them off.

6. Plated w/ roasted broccoli and cauliflower plus roll

7. Yessir!

8. Fall off the bone!

9. Gotta shoutout to one of my favorite breweries and they are located 5 min away: Terrapin Beer!

Really enjoyed this cook today. Excited to take the leftovers and make a hash with them in the morning!

• By BBQ_Princess
      Morning Everyone. 

First, this forum has been great for getting tips and learning how to cook on my Kamado Joe. So far I’ve successfully made pizza, beef ribs, and chicken which have all
      been amazing.

I want to smoke a brisket for mother’s day and have learned the how’s and what to dos but what I don’t know is how much charcoal do I use?  I haven’t bought the brisket yet but I’m assuming this will be a 8-10 hour smoke. I just want to make sure I have enough coal to keep the fire going. 

Also, do you wrap your brisket half way through or no?  

Thanks in advance!!!