Sign in to follow this  
John Setzler

Strawberry Pizza

Dough:

300 grams (2 cups plus two tablespoons) all purpose flour (100%)
195 grams (7/8 cup) lukewarm water (65%)
6 grams (3/4 tsp) salt (2%)
6 grams (1 1/2 tsp) active dry yeast (2%)
2 tbsp melted butter
1 1/2 to 2 tsp ground cinnamon

Note: You can easily use a store-bought pizza dough for this recipe if you choose.  

Combine the yeast and water and let dissolve for 10-15 minutes.  Add the melted butter.

Wisk the dry ingredients together in a separate mixing bowl.  

After the yeast has dissolved, combine with the dry ingredients and knead by hand or in a mixer with a dough hook until there is no sign of dry flour left.  Cover with plastic in mixing bowl and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

Preheat the grill to 375°F and set up for indirect cooking on a pizza stone. 

Make your glaze drizzle:

Wisk together:

1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 to 2 tsp vanilla extract

After your dough has risen, form it out into a 12-14 inch diameter pizza crust.  Put it on the grill and cook it by itself for about 10 minutes. 

Remove it from the grill.

Spread cream cheese frosting over the surface of the crust (See recipe below).

4 oz butter, softened

4 oz cream cheese, softened

2 cups powdered sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix together completely

Spread Strawberry Pie Filling over the surface (or any other pie filling or combination of pie fillings that you might like.

Return to the pizza stone on the grill for another 10 minutes.

After that 10 minutes. sprinkle on some chocolate chips and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes.

Remove from the grill and let cool for 10 minutes and then drizzle with your glaze.

24 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

I want to do it again with a cracker crust.

Cracker crust makes a nice light desert crust when you've stuffed yourself on dinner - LOL 

Next time I make one I'll have to put your drizzle on it. Will use Bistro Blueberries this spring. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Daz
      Hi all, we made a little video about cooking frozen pizza from stores. It was a fun lunch at work. When I first made the pizza ring 2 years ago there weren't many frozen pizzas in the stores, most are thick crust. but now...wow, they got their own aisle. So we dust off the pizza ring and made pizza lunch at work. 
      We tested more than 8 different brands of pizzas, and Newman's thin crust cooked best in the Akorn Kamado, California kitchen's Sicily pizza had a perfect dough/topping ratio, and even the cauliflower dough tasted good from the stone. The stone was kept around 450 - 500, anything higher may burn the dough without full cook the toppings. So on thicker dough keep the stone under 400 will be a good idea.
      Talking bout the stone, we used Rockheat we bought from Amazon, I'd recommend it. simple but smart handle design. We're working on a pizza stone with a digital thermometer built in, then you won't need the Infrared gun to read the stone temperature. I can probably program our controller to keep the stone temperature consistent. 
      https://bbqube.us/Turn-Your-Akorn-Kamado-into-an-Italian-Pizza-Oven-with-Kamado-Pizza-Ring_b_2.html
    • By St1brew
      For my wonderful wife and daughter I made a mixed berry turnover with pig candy topped with homemade whipped cream. My wife was served a signature cocktail and our daughter had chocolate milk. This was cooked earlier this evening as our whole week has been busy. The mixed berry turnover has raspberries, strawberries and blueberries. It was tucked into a puff pastry crust(store bought) and brushed with butter. It was put onto the grill at a dome temp of 375, then cooked until golden brown. The pig candy was cooked first. Super simple to make. I brushed thick cut bacon with NH maple syrup then sprinkled brown sugar on top of both sides. On a baking rack and over a disposable pan they went. They went on the grill at 400 and were cooked until bacon was lightly browned. So onto the pics. 

Some colder than others was kind of my motto for this cook and a few members will get it.... In any event I was lucky to have a pretty mild day.  (What was it, 60 degrees in Georgia today?)

Had to burn off some funk so I decided to settle in for a bit.

Pig candy pre cook.

All done and yummy goodness!

I stole a piece for qc standards and what not.

Here's the turnovers going on the grill.

After about 10 minutes. I was looking because I didn't want it to go over.  These challenges if for nothing else stand to bring me out of my comfort zone and I am thankful for that!

And the MONEY!

Signature cocktail is called a "chocolate strawberry".  It consists of 1 ounce of frozen strawberry puree, 1 ounce of creme de cocoa(white), and half ounce of cognac in the shaker until frozen part is melted. Pour it straight into glass and top up(lightly) with champagne and garnish with a strawberry.  It tastes as described and is quite refreshing.   The dessert combination is a perfect complement of sweet, fresh, and savory components on your taste buds.  The wife gave two thumbs up for both.  Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

• By Jose Andres Zapata
      For my second cook I decided to go with Pizza. So newbie on the Kamado and newbie at making pizza!

The dough - homemade. Being the first, I did not get too technical. Just testing the waters at this point. I made two pizzas, one mushrooms with pepperoni and a margherita. The sauce was home made.

The kamado was fired up and got it up to about 700*.  The grill was setup with the heat deflectors at the bottom and the pizza stone (bought separately) on top of the grill at the highest position.

The bottom was great. The top does not show well on the photo, it cam out better than it shows on the photos.
    • By pmillen
      There are discussions of pizza stones and general baking here and there on this forum.  Those of you who are interested in such may want to read Baking With Steel, primarily written by Andris Lagsdin.   You may want to explore a different method.
    • By rye2kolo
      Has anyone tried the Pizza Porta? Does it fit the B-Series?

Here is their website:

https://www.pizza-porta.com/shop