Just saw this; it's got to be heavy!

Youtube has a few videos of it, and they are out of Georgia! I can just hear all the naysayers with cast iron doesn't hold heat as well as ceramic and are just going to poo poo it without even considering the R&D that the company put in before bringing to market! People who love and understand CI will be the ones who will give it  some consideration.

Garvin

30 second video

1 hour ago, SmoovD said:

A few years back another company tried to market CI kamados but they never took off. 

Probably the same company.  I still get promotional emails from them, seem to be doing alright.  In my opinion, the main thing holding them back is the lack of national distribution, or the ability to ship them.  I thought they looked pretty awesome, but think they only deliver within a certain distance from their company.  

13 hours ago, Garvinque said:

Youtube has a few videos of it, and they are out of Georgia! I can just hear all the naysayers with cast iron doesn't hold heat as well as ceramic and are just going to poo poo it without even considering the R&D that the company put in before bringing to market! People who love and understand CI will be the ones who will give it  some consideration.

Garvin

30 second video

People who say that a  earth or ceramic Kamado has more insulation  than a cast iron or aluminum Kamados are ignoring that all of these shells conduct and also hold  amounts of heat  over a long period of time. Cast iron for searing  in particular is known to hold heat and has a cult following. Rust will be  not be an issue if what is being cooker is depositing a layer of oil. i just do not see people taking apart their grill and oiling the surface.

1 hour ago, philpom said:

What was your unbiased opinion after seeing it in person?  It looks pretty tough from what I have seen and no doubt it should hold up for a very long time.

It's definitely tough.  I can't see any reason that any problems would arise from it.  I also have no idea what it's cooking characteristics would be like.  I don't know how the thermal mass properties of cast iron compare to ceramics.  These things have no fire box / fire rings.  They just have a grate at the bottom.  The dome lids are heavy but they do have a massive spring on the hinge and they don't feel much different than lifting the lid on a big joe or a primo xl.  I would love to have the experience of doing a few cooks on one.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm Ed Boyd, the one in the video up there with Country's BBQ. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have on our cookers. And John, we'd love to get your opinion on it. If you'd be interested in a few test cooks, we can probably get something arranged.

Thanks for the interest in what we're doing.