Mother of All Ribeye Reverse Sears

31 minutes ago, TKOBBQ said:

Stone ground real grits from the mountains in Ga., Mom's from SC and when we visit she usually buys 30-40lbs. and brings it back with her. Some yellow and some white.

I am a Southern girl... From Georgia. Got to have Grits. 

2 minutes ago, skreef said:

I am a Southern girl... From Georgia. Got to have Grits. 

Yep. I'm from Central Texas. For us it was Baseball, how dogs, grits and Chevrolet... :-D

I was surprised that the worse grits I have ever had came from an Embassy Suites in Dallas in 2014. I thought all Texans cooked and ate grits but learned certan regions don't. Nothing quite like undercooked grits.

It's hard to find real grits in Richmond. Plenty of places have instant grits, but not real grits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm legitimately shocked to hear that; would've assumed real grits were everywhere in Richmond.

I'm from Chicago, but my family is from Mississippi and St. Louis/Kansas City via Arkansas and originally South Carolina and one of the best things about visiting family is that while some places are always better than others, as a rule you can find GREAT breakfast, fried chicken, grits and BBQ pig anywhere.

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

It's hard to find real grits in Richmond. Plenty of places have instant grits, but not real grits.

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, Bunz said:

I'm legitimately shocked to hear that; would've assumed real grits were everywhere in Richmond.

me too... Isn't Virginia the south? LOL