Do the Vision Series B "nest" and side shelves fit other Kamados?

jbrown

On 3/13/2017 at 6:36 PM, Blind Squirrel said:

jbrown what size hole did you make in your table for the grill to sit in and do you have any pictures?

24" diameter hole, which ranges from about 23 5/8" to 24 3/8" giving my jigsaw 'skills' :) There's about a 3/4" inch gap around the grill once it's seated. 

grill.jpg

grill2.jpg

• 1 month later...

On the tables, do the grills just sit on the lower level or is there support from the top level of the table as well?  I had assumed support from both levels, but the pictures I've seen look like it just sits on the bottom.  Thanks!

Does it have any lateral support or is it that stable on just the paver?  By the way, I love the picture with the carpenter's compass for drawing your circle.  I taught math for 15 years and if I was still teaching, I'd be showing that picture as a practical application of geometry.

Looks like a nice table with plenty of shelf space for prep.

BillJ - I wish more math teachers would use practical questions in math. I think more folks would have a positive view of it. I liked math but most didn't. In the  beginning at least, bring in cooking measurements and changing for size. Travel cross country with mpg, time to get there, time for breaks, night sleep, cost of lodgeing and food. Then a total cost and time. That would be a lot more interesting and understandable for children than train "A" going west ans "B" going east where do they meet. On the track DAH:rofl:.

21 hours ago, BillJ said:

Does it have any lateral support or is it that stable on just the paver?  By the way, I love the picture with the carpenter's compass for drawing your circle.  I taught math for 15 years and if I was still teaching, I'd be showing that picture as a practical application of geometry.

The grill itself is just sitting on the paver. In theory, I guess it could rock back an inch or two before it would run into the side of the circle cut out, but it hasn't happened yet (even with the lid open etc...) I've done 7-8 cooks to date on it, and no issues so far.

On 4/16/2017 at 8:14 PM, BillJ said:

On the tables, do the grills just sit on the lower level or is there support from the top level of the table as well?  I had assumed support from both levels, but the pictures I've seen look like it just sits on the bottom.  Thanks!

It is not really a good idea to have the kamado hang from a flush ring in a stand or a tightly cut hole I a  table top. There are stories of kettle bottoms separating and falling off from the pressure applied to the ceramic. Support from the bottom of the kettle and an open hole in the table top is fine.