Kamado Guru Frequently Asked Questions

Super idea. 

In the suggestion area....  I like every recipe I have ever used from the site. A few needed some further online or other research for various reasons.

So, I submit that if someone posts a recipe have the submitter declare how many times they made the recipe, and what skill level are that at as a cook in general, and what level they are at far as Kamado experience. What I'm getting at is there may be recipes that work a certain way, for example on a pellet unit, the person cooking is super skilled using that unit, wanted to do it it on a Kamado, and posts a recipe that does not translate as well as anticipated, to a Kamado, unless some of the "doing things differently" items are discussed.

I was an Akorn guy, now KJ and I find that transition has a learning curve.

I like the challenge of exploring these recipes, as I know they will work, and I use my skills as a cooker/baker for 40+ years to spot the pitfalls.

FAQ? Maybe.

Best regards.

M.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Canada how much are the temp swings if minor i wouldn't worry about it. Might be caused by some charcoal dying before the ones next to it catch, or some new coal catch or your wood chunks catching. If i use the dome thermometer i see less fluctuations than when i use a digital grill thermometer. I had some what of the same problem when i got my joe but as i got used to it settled down somewhat 

• 5 months later...

I realize this topic started over 3 yrs ago, but it’s great and always relevant, especially for a novice like me.  I always look for FAQs.   Keep adding on!  OR has it been overtaken by the individual topics?

7 hours ago, Pie said:

I realize this topic started over 3 yrs ago, but it’s great and always relevant, especially for a novice like me.  I always look for FAQs.   Keep adding on!  OR has it been overtaken by the individual topics?

All the answers are here:

:)