ckreef

Low Country Boil

Early today Mrs skreef told me what was planned for dinner. I wasn't thrilled so she snuck out of the house and went to Kroger. This is what she came up with. Much better to start off a long week of work. 

Low Country Boil - shrimp, crawl daddies, crab, corn, sausage, potatoes and some Zatarains. It looked like a huge amount of food (that's a lg serving plater not a plate) but we tore it up. 

@Aussie Joe Yea this will be on the menu. 

LCBa.jpg

Just now, dsarcher said:

Looks fantastic. What was originally on the menu. Great change. 

Teriyaki chicken - that's a quick weeknight cook not a Sunday dinner. 

Just sayin............. 

38 minutes ago, ckreef said:

Teriyaki chicken - that's a quick weeknight cook not a Sunday dinner. 

Just sayin............. 

Nothing wrong with Teriyaki chicken but it cant compete with a Low Country Boil. I love some seafood.

Yum... Low County boils are very taste, great picture too.   My dad's significant other knows I love to cook and Introduced me to Frogmore Stew, which is just another low country boil variant , no frogs are cooked into it,it's very similar to your dish less the crabs and crawl daddies 

8 hours ago, In2Fish said:

Yum... Low County boils are very taste, great picture too.   My dad's significant other knows I love to cook and Introduced me to Frogmore Stew, which is just another low country boil variant , no frogs are cooked into it,it's very similar to your dish less the crabs and crawl daddies 

This is the first time I've had it with Crab legs and craw daddies. Great addition and will be how I make it from here out. 

The best way to do a boil is to boil your veggies before the water gets fishy from the crawfish, crabs or shrimp... anything you put from mushrooms to brocoli will be good.....  also when boiling crawfish.... 1 stick of butter for every 10lbs you boil and they peel MUCH MUCH easier.....

crabs, shrimp and crawfish all have different boil/soak times.. too much boil or soak and make them too hard to peel and rubbery to eat.. not enough boil or soak time... well.... lets just say it aint funny....

half a cup of vinegar also helps crabs and shrimp peel easier..... 

On 7/14/2017 at 2:38 PM, choupique said:

The best way to do a boil is to boil your veggies before the water gets fishy from the crawfish, crabs or shrimp... anything you put from mushrooms to brocoli will be good.....  also when boiling crawfish.... 1 stick of butter for every 10lbs you boil and they peel MUCH MUCH easier.....

crabs, shrimp and crawfish all have different boil/soak times.. too much boil or soak and make them too hard to peel and rubbery to eat.. not enough boil or soak time... well.... lets just say it aint funny....

half a cup of vinegar also helps crabs and shrimp peel easier..... 

Yes I agree @choupique. I use butter every time. And it actually came out like it should have. Im ready for another round of it.