Costco Roadshow prices for 2017 Kamado Joe

afingerhut

• 2 months later...

If you buy a Kamado Joe from Costco, are you responsible for delivery and assembly?  I don't have a vehicle that is large enough and based on the weight, wondering how easy it is to assemble.  Comparing this to buying on Amazon with free shipping and free expert assembly for the Classic II.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, ScottJag said:

If you buy a Kamado Joe from Costco, are you responsible for delivery and assembly?  I don't have a vehicle that is large enough and based on the weight, wondering how easy it is to assemble.  Comparing this to buying on Amazon with free shipping and free expert assembly for the Classic II.  Thanks!

There is pretty much no assembly. Put the nest in the legs and the ceramic in the nest. About 2 minutes. 

2 hours ago, ScottJag said:

Delivery - you need to pick it up at the store.

Assembly - it's pretty easy. There are a couple of how-to videos on Youtube; here's one, and there are more out there.

Box sizes - here are the full dimensions (46.5” W x 48” H x 28” D) and as you can see in the videos the boxes are actually smaller than that (the Height dimension above includes the rolling rack with the Joe in place).

Just curious but if you were to buy on Amazon how would you get free expert assembly? Which would be cool, but I had not seen that before.

Never mind, I see what they're doing. Neat. 

3 hours ago, Slowdown said:

Assembling my Big Joe was a two man lift to get it into the nest. we used lifting straps and it went pretty easy, but it's a beast. Classic should be much easier, but it will still be unwieldy.

I had help for my 2014(?) bigjoe, I wish I had a third person to get it into the table.  

My KJCII I lifted myself into the stand. It was not easy, but I could do it.  A table would have been much more awkward. 

I should have said above that assembly is straight-forward but requires some muscle. :)

When moving my Classic into my table by myself I removed the dome and then looped a sturdy rope through the vent and the bowl to make a kind of “handle”. It helped. 

As said above, placing the Big Joe into the rolling cart requires two people.