ckreef

Japanese Knives with Custom Handles

30 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Mewantkj said:

Which blacksmith? HHH? 

That's the one. I really like the metal work on that SUPERCONDUCTOR knife he just finished. Already inquired about it. Going to see if he will make me a rocking Santuko in the same shape as my Miyabi in that metal with a WA tang. If that made any sense. 

Mewantkj likes this

25 minutes ago, ckreef said:

That's the one. I really like the metal work on that SUPERCONDUCTOR knife he just finished. Already inquired about it. Going to see if he will make me a rocking Santuko in the same shape as my Miyabi in that metal with a WA tang. If that made any sense. 

That looks awesome.  The pics they have posted truly look like functional art.  I could easily send them a handle to mount.  Stabilized Koa wood. We can take this offline unless inquiering minds want to know.  

ckreef likes this

35 minutes ago, CeramicChef said:

Ben - those handles look like some first rate work.  Very nicely done.  You should be proud.

Thank you. I am speechless at the complements I have been receiving. 

ckreef likes this

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

Already thinking about ordering a custom blade from a US Artisan Blacksmith. Going to email him and see if he's willing to make what I want and how many months of back orders he has. Also how many arms and legs it will cost me - LOL.

I really fancy a knife from Bloodroot Blades, they're rather expensive but the 44month waiting list gives you plenty of time to save up!

Mewantkj and ckreef like this

3 hours ago, Paul Beer said:

I really fancy a knife from Bloodroot Blades, they're rather expensive but the 44month waiting list gives you plenty of time to save up!

That's what I'm afraid of. If I have to wait that long I'll want to order 3 or 4 and I'd need that much time to save up. 

Paul Beer likes this

4 hours ago, Mewantkj said:

Which blacksmith? HHH? 

Eeeekkk - I've been busted - LOL 

Mrs skreef saw this post, then she went and looked up HHH knives. She not only said NO, she said "#### NO". 

I guess I need to pour on the extra special  lovin for awhile. 

Mewantkj likes this

4 minutes ago, ckreef said:

Eeeekkk - I've been busted - LOL 

Mrs skreef saw this post, then she went and looked up HHH knives. She not only said NO, she said "#### NO". 

I guess I need to pour on the extra special  lovin for awhile. 

She PMed me.  She wants that chopping block.     What do you think of 15x11x3 rosewood/walnut endgrain? 

16 minutes ago, Mewantkj said:

She PMed me.  She wants that chopping block.     What do you think of 15x11x3 rosewood/walnut endgrain? 

Make her whatever she wants, we'll work out those other details in the end. 

15 x 11 end grain is a good size for our house. 2" thick is more than enough unless you really need to make it 3". As for wood type whatever she wants but I would rather go exotic as opposed to what you can readily buy on the Internet. PM her and work it out. I don't want to know the details, that way it was made for her not me. 

Mewantkj likes this

12 minutes ago, ckreef said:

Make her whatever she wants, we'll work out those other details in the end. 

15 x 11 end grain is a good size for our house. 2" thick is more than enough unless you really need to make it 3". As for wood type whatever she wants but I would rather go exotic as opposed to what you can readily buy on the Internet. PM her and work it out. I don't want to know the details, that way it was made for her not me. 

Ok. 

ckreef likes this

Just now, Mewantkj said:

Ok. 

I'll call you in a little bit when dinner is over. Dinner is about to come off the grill. Salmon Pinwheels stuffed with Crab and mushroom risotto - oh yea! 

Mewantkj likes this