Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • John Setzler

      Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

      The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

      Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

      The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

      You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

      You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

      Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
ckreef

Japanese Knives with Custom Handles

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Mewantkj said:

 

 

Which blacksmith? HHH? 

 

That's the one. I really like the metal work on that SUPERCONDUCTOR knife he just finished. Already inquired about it. Going to see if he will make me a rocking Santuko in the same shape as my Miyabi in that metal with a WA tang. If that made any sense. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ckreef said:

 

That's the one. I really like the metal work on that SUPERCONDUCTOR knife he just finished. Already inquired about it. Going to see if he will make me a rocking Santuko in the same shape as my Miyabi in that metal with a WA tang. If that made any sense. 

 

That looks awesome.  The pics they have posted truly look like functional art.  I could easily send them a handle to mount.  Stabilized Koa wood. We can take this offline unless inquiering minds want to know.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, CeramicChef said:

Ben - those handles look like some first rate work.  Very nicely done.  You should be proud.

Thank you. I am speechless at the complements I have been receiving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ckreef said:

Already thinking about ordering a custom blade from a US Artisan Blacksmith. Going to email him and see if he's willing to make what I want and how many months of back orders he has. Also how many arms and legs it will cost me - LOL.

 

I really fancy a knife from Bloodroot Blades, they're rather expensive but the 44month waiting list gives you plenty of time to save up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paul Beer said:

 

I really fancy a knife from Bloodroot Blades, they're rather expensive but the 44month waiting list gives you plenty of time to save up!

That's what I'm afraid of. If I have to wait that long I'll want to order 3 or 4 and I'd need that much time to save up. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mewantkj said:

 

 

Which blacksmith? HHH? 

 

Eeeekkk - I've been busted - LOL 

 

Mrs skreef saw this post, then she went and looked up HHH knives. She not only said NO, she said "#### NO". 

 

I guess I need to pour on the extra special  lovin for awhile. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ckreef said:

 

Eeeekkk - I've been busted - LOL 

 

Mrs skreef saw this post, then she went and looked up HHH knives. She not only said NO, she said "#### NO". 

 

I guess I need to pour on the extra special  lovin for awhile. 

 

 

She PMed me.  She wants that chopping block.     What do you think of 15x11x3 rosewood/walnut endgrain? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mewantkj said:

 

She PMed me.  She wants that chopping block.     What do you think of 15x11x3 rosewood/walnut endgrain? 

 

Make her whatever she wants, we'll work out those other details in the end. 

 

15 x 11 end grain is a good size for our house. 2" thick is more than enough unless you really need to make it 3". As for wood type whatever she wants but I would rather go exotic as opposed to what you can readily buy on the Internet. PM her and work it out. I don't want to know the details, that way it was made for her not me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ckreef said:

 

Make her whatever she wants, we'll work out those other details in the end. 

 

15 x 11 end grain is a good size for our house. 2" thick is more than enough unless you really need to make it 3". As for wood type whatever she wants but I would rather go exotic as opposed to what you can readily buy on the Internet. PM her and work it out. I don't want to know the details, that way it was made for her not me. 

 

 

Ok. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mewantkj said:

 

Ok. 

I'll call you in a little bit when dinner is over. Dinner is about to come off the grill. Salmon Pinwheels stuffed with Crab and mushroom risotto - oh yea! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×