• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
bosco

A great deal on a slicer

I have been looking into a slicer for the last few months and just couldn't justify the cost for the amount of time that I will use it. 

I was looking on our local claddified site here it's here in Canada called Kijiji and stumbled upon an Omcan 12" 300e Italian built meat slicer.  They retail for 1899.00 CAD and I was shocked to find one on for 360.00.  It is an older model so it needed some tlc but for the most part it looks and runs great.  

I offered red the seller 200.00 after looking st it and he agreed. SCORE!!!!!!

Anyways, I took it home and ripped it apart and cleaned every book and cranny and even used steel wool to polish up the metal.  

I ran the sharpener and got the sharp polished edge back on the wheel and tightened the band.  Looks like we are back in business after I lubricated the two gliding rods.  

Cany wait to try this out on my pork belly next week.  

IMG_7893.JPG

Well like they say .... if it sounds too good to be true

I cleaned it all up and had it looking great and the wheel stuck.  I couldn't figure out what happened.  

I could get it to go by manually spinning the the wheel and then it would go but I didn't like that.  I called buddy who seemed not to happy but gave me the impression that he "may have forgotten" to tell me something.  

After his initial reluctance he agreed to give me my money back.  

Im back on the hunt for a good slicer 

To rebuild the motor would be about $100, and even at $300 that would have been a darn good deal.   My cousin was present at a closing of a restaurant that he worked at and latched onto a high end slicer.   I talked him out of it (he would never have used it) and discovered the motor bearings were shot.   Slicing ham for years took it's toll.  So for $100 I got a very decent slicer out of the deal.  This is a picture of it being cleaned with bleach and rinse. And I didn't even get a sharpenerMeat slicer.JPG.

Well that was short lived lol glad you got your money back dont buy omacan down line when i was looking for a grinder i almost bought one not far from me i called around and somehow i got a hobart tech he told me omacan is a thrown togerher with everybody elses parts after that conversation i found a hobart grinder 

Get a hobart slicer if you can my buddy has one and its a nice unit 

Get you a sweet lil cajun gal... They can slice, dice, chop, mince, stir the pot, flip the meat, catch, clean and fry the fish... As well as peel tge shrimp,crabsand crawfish... Shuck oysters And clean all the wild game... Cheap too, only every penny you will ever make!!! Look them up at leveegals.com...