• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
JoeC

Salvaging a Cook

My wife's friend was sadly diagnosed with breast cancer two weeks ago and starts chemo this week.  A few days ago I prepared a few dishes, couple lbs of bolognese, meatballs and gravy, and two trays of chicken parm, and froze everything.  The plan was we would drop the food of so that she doesn't have to worry about anything this first week of treatment and just throw dinner in the oven.  Well, come to find out, the husband is a vegetarian.  Decided to hold back some of the bolognese as there was enough for a few separate meals as is, and he wouldn't eat any of it.  So, I decided to make a bolognese pizza.  The one on the left has cherry peppers, for the adults, and the one on the right none, the kids.  Some fresh mozzarella... was  good!  All in all, everything worked all around.

pizza.jpg

I simply hate to hear the news your friend is battling cancer.  I've spent too much time lately helping friends in their battle against lymphoma and glioma.  

I tell you now, your friend and her family will need more support than just this first week.  Her husband is feeling thunderstruck as are the kids.  I organized my friends' friends into taking care of an evening meal per week while I took provided the on site care and support.  

Congrats on being a great and caring friend.  Those pies look positively scrumptious.  Your friends are truly lucky to have you squarely in their corner.  I'll pray for your friend.

17 hours ago, CeramicChef said:

I simply hate to hear the news your friend is battling cancer.  I've spent too much time lately helping friends in their battle against lymphoma and glioma.  

I tell you now, your friend and her family will need more support than just this first week.  Her husband is feeling thunderstruck as are the kids.  I organized my friends' friends into taking care of an evening meal per week while I took provided the on site care and support.  

Congrats on being a great and caring friend.  Those pies look positively scrumptious.  Your friends are truly lucky to have you squarely in their corner.  I'll pray for your friend.

Wow guys, thanks for the kind words.  The girl and my wife are coworkers, teachers.  It's amazing to see how much everyone has come together for her and organized things and donations.  My wife is running a lot of it and set something up where people can send groceries direct.  We plan on prepping many meals through this...  Anything to help.  And I'm sorry to hear about your current experiences with this horrible horrible disease.  Can only hope and pray that one day very soon they figure this whole thing out!  

15 hours ago, Cgriller64 said:

I too am sorry to hear about your wife's friend. I think that was a thoughtful gesture on your part. 

Side note: Bolognese with Cherry Pepper pizza. :worship:

Next time you have bolognese, try pouring a little of the juice from the jar into the sauce... Trust me on this!

3 hours ago, JoeC said:

Next time you have bolognese, try pouring a little of the juice from the jar into the sauce... Trust me on this!

I haven't tried that on bolognese yet but definately will. I have added the juice in some other dishes. Here's one I did awhile back.

I like to use both hot and sweet cherry peppers.

13 minutes ago, Cgriller64 said:

I haven't tried that on bolognese yet but definately will. I have added the juice in some other dishes. Here's one I did awhile back.

I like to use both hot and sweet cherry peppers.

Oh yeah... love some scarpaiello!