What is YOUR favorite non-Kamado grill?

John Setzler

30 minutes ago, keeperovdeflame said:

If I could justify the cost I would get a Forno Classico combination gas / wood fired pizza oven in a heartbeat. 

http://www.fornoclassico.com/our-installations/

Paul Beer said

Exactly - would also be pretty gutting to put the effort in, use it once and then move!

The Fornos ship both in a kit form and pre-built on top of a steel foundation.  With a lift you can pick the whole thing up and move it. That is how they ship it to you. Solves the build it and then move problem. 

Those look sweet. Thx for sharing the link.

22 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

That new PK grill is fantastic.  I saw one at a show last summer and I would LOVE to have one but I think they are about $1000.  I may have to look into that one though.

I think that PK is calling out to you.  Would be sweet to see you do a review of them. Dang, would be nice to see a review of the new PK vs the old PK vs a kamado. I know that would be asking a lot. Forgive me. I am sleep deprived and incoherent. My mind is all over the place.

3 minutes ago, prowe said:

I think that PK is calling out to you.  Would be sweet to see you do a review of them. Dang, would be nice to see a review of the new PK vs the old PK vs a kamado. I know that would be asking a lot. Forgive me. I am sleep deprived and incoherent. My mind is all over the place.

I'd like to see that too. I don't think the old PK would work for me just due to size. 

By the way, the new PK is coming to home depot soon. It's already on their website. Hopefully they will have some in stock around here soon. 

30 minutes ago, Baby Back Maniac said:

If I could not have a kamado (and I consider the Summit a kamado)--and I I could only have one it would be the 26 inch kettle. 

Sounds like you are more just looking for a new toy to try? I think the new PK looks interesting but they are expensive. 

I agree. I would describe it as an unconventional kamado. Maybe John could make a Weber summit section in the "talk about your cooker" section.  I for one would think that would bring some value.

(I know there are already sections for other kamado, and non kamado's but again...sleep deprived. Just an idea.)

5 minutes ago, Baby Back Maniac said:

I'd like to see that too. I don't think the old PK would work for me just due to size. 

By the way, the new PK is coming to home depot soon. It's already on their website. Hopefully they will have some in stock around here soon. 

And yet again HD scoops me on a quality outdoor cooking product. Smh.

Until today, I had never heard of a PK grill.   Looked at the map and realized why.   It's an East coast thing.   Looks interesting and if I was looking for a cooker for RVing, that would win hands down.  Expensive.   But I think an Akorn would also be a good choice for light weight maneuverability.  Seriously doubt HD will have them out here but will keep an eye out for it.

PK360... Since you specified "charcoal".  Have the original style already, but think the 360 would be pretty versatile for grilling and smoking.  So if we're saying this would be a primary or only grill, I'd go PK360.

If you expand that to "wood", I'd go for the Karubeque KBQ-60... But as it's primarily a smoker, I'd have to establish that I'm only getting rid of my Kamado's, and get to keep Webers, Argentine grill, LG pellet pooper, wood fired pizza oven, Blackstone pizza oven, Beefeater gasser, Blackstone griddle, Southwest Discada, etc...

29 minutes ago, BURGER MEISTER said:

Until today, I had never heard of a PK grill.   Looked at the map and realized why.   It's an East coast thing.   Looks interesting and if I was looking for a cooker for RVing, that would win hands down.  Expensive.   But I think an Akorn would also be a good choice for light weight maneuverability.  Seriously doubt HD will have them out here but will keep an eye out for it.

An Akorn as you said is a good choice. An akorn, however, is a kamado.

6 hours ago, keeperovdeflame said:

If I could justify the cost I would get a Forno Classico combination gas / wood fired pizza oven in a heartbeat. 

http://www.fornoclassico.com/our-installations/

Paul Beer said

Exactly - would also be pretty gutting to put the effort in, use it once and then move!

The Fornos ship both in a kit form and pre-built on top of a steel foundation.  With a lift you can pick the whole thing up and move it. That is how they ship it to you. Solves the build it and then move problem. 

Did you ever get to where they tell you the price?? They list a 32-40-47-56 inch diameter but even when i clicked on the down load spec the price was not there. Expensive???

12 hours ago, Marty said:

Did you ever get to where they tell you the price?? They list a 32-40-47-56 inch diameter but even when i clicked on the down load spec the price was not there. Expensive???

I looked for the price list and couldn't find it. I found it once and think the price for a medium residential / commercial piccolo oven was somewhere between $5 and & $7,000. I was looking at the gas / wood fired combo's. Not completely out of the ball park but a serious commitment.