dodgeboy8888

My new blaze kamado

25 posts in this topic

So as a few of you guys saw in another thread. I just purchase a new Blaze Kamado. 

I will get it next week. 

So the order was

Blaze Kamado grill ,the wheel stand, rotisserie and the 4 in one diffuser 

i will post some pic when I get it and give you my impressions 

see you soon 

rwalters, Marty, Stile 88 and 8 others like this

So as a few of you guys saw in another thread. I just purchase a new Blaze Kamado. 

I will get it next week. 

So the order was

Blaze Kamado grill ,the wheel stand, rotisserie and the 4 in one diffuser 

i will post some pic when I get it and give you my impressions 

see you soon 

I was just thinking about something that you might find helpful, if you are not very experienced with Kamado cooking. I like to put a small about of briquettes as the bottom layer of my charcoal pile, basically towards the center where I light the fire. Then fill the rest of the space with lump. Early on when I got my blaze, I had trouble with the fire burning out likely due to space between the lump charcoal. If you go with lump only, be sure to use a good mix of small and big pieces and try not to have any pockets where the charcoal does not touch. Just a tip, not necessarily specific to blaze. But it works well for me with my blaze so I figured it might help you as well. Can't wait to see your impressions and cooks!

dodgeboy8888 likes this

I'm happy with my Akorn at the moment but I know it will eventually bite the dust. This grill really intrigues me as a possible replacement to my Akorn when the time comes. You two keep us updated on your experiences with the Blaze. To me it looks like a great grill that should outlive it's original owner. 

22 minutes ago, dodgeboy8888 said:

Getting so excited 

I'm picking up the beast tomorrow 

Those grills are super nice.  I got to see one up close a few weeks ago.

Today is going to be a long day. Gonna make for an interesting weekend. Keep us posted. Not too many folks with a blaze around here, so I'm even more interested to see you show it off.

I added a Blaze Kamado section to the Kamado Grills section since we have a few folks here who have this grill.  If one or more of you would be willing to do a photo tour of the features and specs of your grill I will pin it to the top of that forum for future owner reference.....  Thanks!

@prowe

@dodgeboy8888

@nstigator

Garvinque likes this

12 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

I added a Blaze Kamado section to the Kamado Grills section since we have a few folks here who have this grill.  If one or more of you would be willing to do a photo tour of the features and specs of your grill I will pin it to the top of that forum for future owner reference.....  Thanks!

@prowe

@dodgeboy8888

@nstigator

Very cool.  I'd be happy to put a tour together.  Thanks, John.

John Setzler likes this

59 minutes ago, dodgeboy8888 said:

Getting so excited 

I'm picking up the beast tomorrow 

Good luck getting through the next 24 hours!  Is there a Netflix show you can binge watch tonight, since you probably won't sleep much anyway? :)

2 hours ago, John Setzler said:

@prowe

@dodgeboy8888

@nstigator

I assume you get notified of new posts, but wanted to let you know anyway that I just finished posting a tour in the Blaze section, if you want to pin it. 

John Setzler likes this

So just got the beast home 

Just missing the diffuser 
 Can't get the pics to upload 

When I got mine, my neighbor said he wondered what kind of bomb I was building as I was getting it all setup :)

What is your first cook going to be?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, nstigator said:

When I got mine, my neighbor said he wondered what kind of bomb I was building as I was getting it all setup :)

What is your first cook going to be?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The wife wants stuff burgers. Will see. Going to Costco will decide there