Wagyu Brisket Throwdown! KJBJ vs. Summit

2, 10 pound Wagyu briskets, 2 racks of spares, 3 grills, lots of friends = great Saturday!

I've been wanting to do this comparison forever. I think the results are probably not all that surprising but it was a fun cook regardless. 

I realized after I filmed all this that I'm a lot more serious in this one than usual. I think it's just a byproduct of being "in the zone" trying to knock all this out before folks arrived. I'll make some fart jokes in the next one or something to even things out. ;-)

2 hours ago, 5698k said:

I understand the summit is going to be discontinued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, Mewantkj said:

Wow.  I know I only hang out on this forum, so I am essentially an ostrich. Can you point to a source? 

April 6th marks one year for the Summit doesn't make sense for them to discontinued one year in. The Weber Summit 650 gas grill is being discontinued for the Weber Summit 670 gas grill, maybe that's what you saw or heard. A lot of R&D plus marketing went into this grill would be a shame that they gave up after only one year.

Garvin

4 hours ago, Baby Back Maniac said:

2, 10 pound Wagyu briskets, 2 racks of spares, 3 grills, lots of friends = great Saturday!

I've been wanting to do this comparison forever. I think the results are probably not all that surprising but it was a fun cook regardless. 

I realized after I filmed all this that I'm a lot more serious in this one than usual. I think it's just a byproduct of being "in the zone" trying to knock all this out before folks arrived. I'll make some fart jokes in the next one or something to even things out. ;-)

Justin another great video and everything looked great.

Garvin

11 minutes ago, 5698k said:

Just a something I heard at a local BBQ competition. Take it for what it's worth.

I heard this rumor before too. I met a person who works for Weber in a position that would be first to know so I asked this person directly. There is absolutely zero indication that Weber is planning on discontinuing it at this point. 

On 3/30/2017 at 4:23 PM, angeliousdracon said:

Great cook Justin, I can't wait to get home next week and unbox my kjbj which was delivered Tuesday and is sitting in the garage right now. The mms-60 will get delivered on the 7th looking forward to that one as well

Wow. Fun week for you!