spanky28017

Ribolator

2 minutes ago, Charcoal Addict said:

My expanding Ribolator arrived today.  It'll just sit there looking pretty until my dealer gets their order in for the Big Joe Joetisserie.

IMG_0162.JPG

I want this! Congratulations!  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you eventually get to cook on it.

8 hours ago, Rak73 said:

I want this! Congratulations!  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you eventually get to cook on it.

I'll admit to playing with it a little bit.  It's a toy and I'm a boy.  It's shinny.  That even it makes it worse.  I had no choice but to take it out of the box.

IMG_0163.JPG

8 hours ago, Rak73 said:

Then I still have to decide if it will be worthwhile to buy the Roast'em up basket or not given I have the Ribolator and the Fill it and Grill it Tumble basket.

https://www.roastemup.com/shop?olsFocus=false&olsPage=products/18-inch-long-stainless-steel-chile-roaster

F8891BAA-2C08-4896-896F-D630ADB78A74-4635-000003B6C6392CC0.jpeg

It might make more sense to get the Big Kahuna: Cold Smoker instead.

http://smokedaddyinc.com/shop.html#!/Big-Kahuna-Cold-Smoke-Generator/p/58187076/category=15885064

On 4/12/2017 at 9:01 AM, Rak73 said:

Looks like a quality made product.

PS - We all love shiny new things! LOL

So is it a consensus that everyone likes this product?  How do folks adjust their cooking temps for this?  Is the end product any different or does this simply help out with increasing volume?  

Had my first spin on the Big JT this past weekend and while I couldn't notice a discernible difference in the end product/taste being on the BJT, my cook had uniform color and honestly less babysitting which was a plus.  

On 2017-04-18 at 10:48 AM, dfy8811 said:

So is it a consensus that everyone likes this product?  How do folks adjust their cooking temps for this?  Is the end product any different or does this simply help out with increasing volume?  

Had my first spin on the Big JT this past weekend and while I couldn't notice a discernible difference in the end product/taste being on the BJT, my cook had uniform color and honestly less babysitting which was a plus.  

You might need to tweak your set-up in future cooks.

Rotisserie cooks will taste the same.  The benefit of Rostisserie should be added crisp and moisture over a 100% indirect cook.