Leftover pulled pork

Last time I smoked a Boston butt to make pulled pork, we had a good bit left over. My wife suggested making soup based on a green enchilada sauce and green chilies. I found this recipe on line https://lilluna.com/crock-pot-green-chile-enchilada-soup/ and I substituted the pulled pork for the chicken. I also adjusted the spices to our taste and added some chipotle powder. It was awesome.  

Last time I smoked a Boston butt to make pulled pork, we had a good bit left over. My wife suggested making soup based on a green enchilada sauce and green chilies. I found this recipe on line https://lilluna.com/crock-pot-green-chile-enchilada-soup/ and I substituted the pulled pork for the chicken. I also adjusted the spices to our taste and added some chipotle powder. It was awesome.  

Try adding it to mac'n'cheese. Take it the next step and cook the mac'n'cheese on the kamado!!

I've used left over pulled pork in just about every way you can imagine:  burritos, enchiladas, omelets, tacos, added to mac & cheese, pizza, stuffing for baked potatoes, etc.  You are limited only by your imagination and the amount of left over pulled pork.  Pulled pork is one of the most versatile meats out there, at least in my not so humble opinion.  Have fun and play with your food!

Great ideas. I just use left over pulled pork for pulled pork sandwiches. And some pulled Park grilled cheese.

But that soup sounds like a terrific idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make a hash, we tried this and it turned out great for brunch. Par cook diced potatoes in the microwave. Saute Onions and peppers in a skillet. Add Potatoes and pulled pork. Cook until a bit crispy. Add cheese on tope and cook until melted. Delicious, you're welcome.