11. Marty

Marty

12. Jack.

Jack.

13. Garvinque

Garvinque

• Similar Content

• By daninpd
      I was doing some research for this months challenge... okay, okay, I was just watching TV- but it was a cooking show, and the chef on the show was making Pozole Rojo, a red pork stew.  As I watched the show I realized the stew gets a lot of garnishes and condiments, but basically only has 5 ingredients: Pork, Dried Chiles, Hominy, Onion and Garlic.  Talk about a "Well, Duh!" moment.  So I made it.  I used garlic powder from the spice rack to be able to add one garnish  (red cabbage) and let the white onion do double duty, both in the stew and chopped fine for a garnish.  I used a package of pork necks and roasted them at 400 for an hour in the Joe to get a little color, then put them in a Dutch oven with water to cover and let that go overnight at 250 covered in the Joe to make a rich pork stock.  The next day I strained and refrigerated the stock so I could skim off the hardened fat. The rest of the recipe:
      1-1/2 to 2 lbs pork shoulder cut into chunks for stew
      4 oz dried Pasilla Peppers
      1 tsp cumin
      1 tsp garlic powder
      1 tsp Oregano
      1 30 oz can White Hominy drained and rinsed
      1 large white onion diced medium

Destem and deseed the chiles (I included a picture of the seeds from one Pasilla- you don't want the seeds in your sauce) and put them in a bowl and pour in 4 cups of boiling water and let that sit for 30 minutes or so.  Put the chiles and some of the water in a blender and blend, adding water as needed to get a pourable sauce.  Combine all ingredients in the Dutch oven with the defatted pork stock.  Bring to a simmer then cover and cook 4 hours at 250. I left it uncovered a lot of the time to get it to thicken more.  After 4 hours this is a tasty stew.  Typical garnishes are cabbage, avocado, thinly sliced radishes, crema, minced onions, cilantro and fried corn tortillas.

• By LJS
      Hi Kamado People,
      I have been smoking for about 2 years now and I have never tried a pork roast style cook and beside whenever I have done pork roasts I have not got the crackling right and this is critical.
      So I decided to research a little and found heaps of methods out there, anyway I was stuck on three types 1. Continuous apply of vinegar, 2. Apply lots of salt to fat/skin, boiling water. All of these have the requirement of putting the pork into the kamado at a very hot temperature for around 30-40 mintues before dropping temperature to normal roasting temp of around 180/200°C.
      All of the above are required to have a dry roast, not fresh out of the plastic pack , best left overnight. At the last minute I decided to go with boiling water pouring over the fat and then right away into the hot kamado mine was at about 250/270°C range with one chunk of cheery, had no apple in the shed.
      Any how after 30min I closed the vents and the temp started to drop. Once at 180°C I left her there until internal reached 75°C and wow wow what a beauty. Moist and perfect crackling. Salt was needed to be added though.  

• By Lesta80
      No more to say really...  2 years now with the keg, no regrets  - Except for the time I cleaned the outside with cleaner and ruined the finish! But it doesn’t affect the cook!!!!

• By KamadoMax
      Ingredients
      - Chicken Wings
      - Oil
      - Kosmos Q Wing Dust (optional)
      - Your favorite Wing Sauce 

Directions
      This cook is so simple! I take the wing portions and coat them in some neutral oil (canola, EVOO, Avocado). Then I toss in Kosmos Q Wing dust - for this one I used their Buffalo version but you can chose your favorite. If you don't have wing dust, you can use salt and pepper along with some cayenne. Once the wings are coated I throw them into the Napoleon basket which is attached to the JoeTisserie. As with most of my JoeTisserie cooks, I bank the coals to the back and let them come up to about 400-425 degrees. Put the JoeTisserie in place and turn it on! The wings will rotate for about 45 minutes, or until perfectly golden brown and crispy. Take them out and enjoy as is or with your favorite wing sauce! 

I love doing wings this way. For me, it's the best way to get consistently crispy and perfectly done wings. The really taste like they came out of a fryer. 

Enjoy the video! 

• By philpom
      they've been on for a bit, cruising at 215°f.  Going to finish each one differently but still debating the details.