Sign in to follow this  
prowe

Buddy Guy tix

Scored 3 tix to go see Buddy again in Beverly Mass in may. Cant wait. Im taking 2 coworkers who are fans. Dont think the wife will be too upset as she isnt a big fan. This guy is a legend. If you get a chance to see him take it.

20150823_160906_000.jpg

This pic os from the last show i went to. Was in webster mass. Indian Ranch on lake chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagunagungamaugg.  That is really the name of the lake. I dont know how to say it. But had a great sunday afternon sitting next to the lake at an outdoor concert venue sipping a beer and enjoying some out of this world blues.

I bet I've seen Buddy play over 50 times...when I met my wife, she was living in downtown Chicago, and we went to Legends (Buddy's old club on Wabash) a lot! He's the real deal when it comes to Chicago blues. What I always loved about Buddy is how "real" he is! Whether he was playing guitar on stage, speaking with fans (I know I've had over an hour of personal conversation time with him) or cooking catfish in the kitchen, Buddy was always gracious and accommodating, he's the BEST!

I'm so happy that he's still performing and that you got the opportunity to see him; it's not often you get to personally experience a LEGEND!

6 minutes ago, CeramicChef said:

@prowe - CONGRATS!  Buddy Guy is a true legend.  What I wouldn't have given to be there.  I saw him in concert down in Texas a few years back and it was memorable.  Nice score!

Wish you could have been here to enjoy the show as well. This guy just dont stop. At 80 he has more energy than folks half his age.

Again...congrats on seeing a Legend! I've had the good fortune to meet and get to know a number of celebrities (musicians etc.) through the course of my life; Buddy is as talented and gracious as anyone I've had the good fortune to spend time with! I am so happy to see that he is still going strong!