keeperovdeflame

Cool Vintage Cars

One of the things I really enjoy about our small high desert town is that, probably because a reported 60% of the population is retired, quiet a few, mostly old boys, are into restoring and driving vintage cars, trucks, and, SUV's. As a result you never really know what your going to see parked downtown or in somebody's garage. Here are a few examples. I should start taking pictures of what I see on the streets as there are really quite a few wonderful old restorations. 

Just up the block from me

IMG_0026.jpg

Parked in front of our favorite Sunday after church breakfast spot

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

Nice looking cars keeper. My brother has been working on a 56 Nomad for the last year and a half. He bought the body and frame sight unseen (only internet photos) from a guy in Idaho.

He's not finished with it yet but he recently got to the point where he can start driving it. Here's the 1 pic I have of it.  Shown here towing that Kompac camper he also restored. (See link)

IMG_0478.jpg

Here's another.

Because we now have Lisa's mom living with us we've been staying a Airbnb's. We've stay a few times at one up in SLO where the owner has restored a Hudson for drag racing. (Way cool) Here are some pics of it.

20160420_200357.jpg

20160420_200403.jpg

20160420_200425.jpg

20160420_200458.jpg

20160420_200510.jpg

20160420_200520.jpg

54 minutes ago, Garvinque said:

The two in the garage looks like a 55 to 57 chevy and 34 ford, and I love station wagons of all types and that nomad is ....... awesome!

There is also and older Chevy above the Ford on a lift. The whole set up is pretty neat. A number of guys in the neighborhood have garages with lifts to hold more cars. 

20 minutes ago, ckreef said:

They all look awesome. Keep posting pictures as you see them. Nobody tires of looking at kewl cars. 

Hey ckreef do they still have the car club meet ups at Zaxby's chicken there in Ga?

Garvin

2 minutes ago, Garvinque said:

Hey ckreef do they still have the car club meet ups at Zaxby's chicken there in Ga?

Garvin

I haven't ever seen one around where I live. I'll keep my eyes out for one.