Anyone here in Chicagoland?

Bunz

As a kettle-head myself and with being lifelong friends with an devout Egghead, I can attEst to the the fact that the camaraderie amongst the Weber Kettle and BGE communities is very strong. They do a lot of meet-ups and get-together fairly regularly, does the same exist in any formal or organized way in the KJ community?

Don't kill me because I'm not a beer guy, but I'm starting to get into wine and I love whiskey/scotch/bourbon, cigars and any variety of smoked/grilled/barbecued animal and it seems as if it'd be awesome to put faces and people to names, so if anyone is planning or would like to plan something, I'm in!

@Bunz - I absolutely LOVE great whiskies.  My go to when I'm grilling is Woodford Reserve or the Woodford Double Oaked.  The stuff I reserve for really special occasions is Midleton Very Rare.  Great Stuff.  Then there is my Macallen 15.  A wonderful single blend that has gotten stupid expensive because of all the hype around scotch these days.  And I like Cohibas, but then who doesn't, right?

Hey brother!  I am in Chicagoland (Orland Park/Mokena)...  I am new to Kamado grilling but, have had some amazing cooks in the week I have had my grill.  We love meeting new folks and making new friends as well.  I am a pretty big "booze" guy, but would say bourbon is my "thing".... many know me well in the bourbon community.  I am all for sharing some pours and sampling while having a solid cookout.  We do this often...

Just for kicks... here is the bourbon spread I put out for our Superbowl party...

@face5535 - I'm with you on the Bourbon.  I switched from scotch because scotch just has gotten stupid expensive.  I seee some very fine whiskies in your collection ... Glenlivet, Jefferson, 1792, etc.  I"m rather partial to Woodford Reserve and Woodford Double Oaked as my every day sipping whiskey, and for when really great friends come over, I'll pull out the Midleton Very Rare.  That Midleton is truly a fine, smooth whiskey.  

Skol!