Jump to content

Ordering Kontrol Tower Top Vent


Charcoal Addict
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

I saw the Baby Back Maniac Brisket video.  It looks like some adjustments might be required based on his feedback.

 

He had the cap come off and grease leaking down the back.

I think its just a case of making sure you have some gasket on the chimney, that helps a snug fit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should the top part of the Kontrol Tower come off so easily? Just picked up my new Big Joe and found that every time I take off my cover the top part comes off with it.

 

Should it fit snug into the Kontrol Tower?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-06-01 at 11:33 AM, Charcoal Addict said:

 

Hi Rak,

 

Is the Kontrol Tower going to be available for purchase this month?

Hey!

 

I'm going to say July.  We are just waiting for them to show up in Duluth and once they do, it will be another 2-3 weeks before Canadian warehouses get them.  Same for the new gasket

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Rak73 said:

Hey!

 

I'm going to say July.  We are just waiting for them to show up in Duluth and once they do, it will be another 2-3 weeks before Canadian warehouses get them.  Same for the new gasket

 

Did the test the new Fiberglass gasket retrofit to see if it will work with the Joetisserie on older Joe's?

 

There's not a lot of squeezing room in the back on the older models if the gasket is thicker than an 1/4 inch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

 

Did the test the new Fiberglass gasket retrofit to see if it will work with the Joetisserie on older Joe's?

 

There's not a lot of squeezing room in the back on the older models if the gasket is thicker than an 1/4 inch.

I'm not sure to be honest.  This is kind of a crazy time of year for us so I havent been able to keep up on the R&D side

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ordered mine from shopperschoice.com.  The latest response from them said:

"Although your order confirmation quoted a 4-6 week lead time before we are to receive a shipment containing this item, I have great news, I have touched base with our manufacturer and they informed me, production is going better than anticipated and in doing so, they stated a shipment will be go out either the end of week 6/26/217 or early part of week 7/3/17."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2017-06-17 at 11:57 AM, BBQ4U said:

I ordered mine from shopperschoice.com.  The latest response from them said:

"Although your order confirmation quoted a 4-6 week lead time before we are to receive a shipment containing this item, I have great news, I have touched base with our manufacturer and they informed me, production is going better than anticipated and in doing so, they stated a shipment will be go out either the end of week 6/26/217 or early part of week 7/3/17."

 

 

 

 

 

 

You always have to add a month for Canada.  Our retail distribution system is slow.   Is the Control Tower being sold at a general retail sku or as a service part?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

 

You always have to add a month for Canada.  Our retail distribution system is slow.   Is the Control Tower being sold at a general retail sku or as a service part?

It will be sold as an accessory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It appears that they new vent we are all waiting on because of the problems with the first daisy wheel vent design, has problems of its own.  I was even going to buy another Kamado Joe this week for my weekend place but now I am thinking I should look at another brand.  I love my KJ but maybe they should invest more time in R&D  Here is a review that I saw online:

 

2 months old, 4 cooks later.. AND the top vent's paint is bubbling and peeling off. Just bought the Big Joe for over 2K and would have thought the chimney cap would have lasted longer than this. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

cmoriqz71lfdsofncqgh.jpg

b8dqla29jifuyrqukkhb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...