Ordering Kontrol Tower Top Vent

Charcoal Addict

13 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

I saw the Baby Back Maniac Brisket video.  It looks like some adjustments might be required based on his feedback.

He had the cap come off and grease leaking down the back.

I think its just a case of making sure you have some gasket on the chimney, that helps a snug fit.

Should the top part of the Kontrol Tower come off so easily? Just picked up my new Big Joe and found that every time I take off my cover the top part comes off with it.

Should it fit snug into the Kontrol Tower?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-06-01 at 11:33 AM, Charcoal Addict said:

Hi Rak,

Is the Kontrol Tower going to be available for purchase this month?

Hey!

I'm going to say July.  We are just waiting for them to show up in Duluth and once they do, it will be another 2-3 weeks before Canadian warehouses get them.  Same for the new gasket

12 hours ago, Rak73 said:

Hey!

I'm going to say July.  We are just waiting for them to show up in Duluth and once they do, it will be another 2-3 weeks before Canadian warehouses get them.  Same for the new gasket

Did the test the new Fiberglass gasket retrofit to see if it will work with the Joetisserie on older Joe's?

There's not a lot of squeezing room in the back on the older models if the gasket is thicker than an 1/4 inch.

7 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

Did the test the new Fiberglass gasket retrofit to see if it will work with the Joetisserie on older Joe's?

There's not a lot of squeezing room in the back on the older models if the gasket is thicker than an 1/4 inch.

I'm not sure to be honest.  This is kind of a crazy time of year for us so I havent been able to keep up on the R&D side

I ordered mine from shopperschoice.com.  The latest response from them said:

"Although your order confirmation quoted a 4-6 week lead time before we are to receive a shipment containing this item, I have great news, I have touched base with our manufacturer and they informed me, production is going better than anticipated and in doing so, they stated a shipment will be go out either the end of week 6/26/217 or early part of week 7/3/17."

On 2017-06-17 at 11:57 AM, BBQ4U said:

I ordered mine from shopperschoice.com.  The latest response from them said:

"Although your order confirmation quoted a 4-6 week lead time before we are to receive a shipment containing this item, I have great news, I have touched base with our manufacturer and they informed me, production is going better than anticipated and in doing so, they stated a shipment will be go out either the end of week 6/26/217 or early part of week 7/3/17."

You always have to add a month for Canada.  Our retail distribution system is slow.   Is the Control Tower being sold at a general retail sku or as a service part?

2 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

You always have to add a month for Canada.  Our retail distribution system is slow.   Is the Control Tower being sold at a general retail sku or as a service part?

It will be sold as an accessory.

It appears that they new vent we are all waiting on because of the problems with the first daisy wheel vent design, has problems of its own.  I was even going to buy another Kamado Joe this week for my weekend place but now I am thinking I should look at another brand.  I love my KJ but maybe they should invest more time in R&D  Here is a review that I saw online:

2 months old, 4 cooks later.. AND the top vent's paint is bubbling and peeling off. Just bought the Big Joe for over 2K and would have thought the chimney cap would have lasted longer than this. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

cmoriqz71lfdsofncqgh.jpg

b8dqla29jifuyrqukkhb.jpg