Egg Fest!?!? Who's gone to one and what to expect?

Jesse

Just discovered one will be in San Diego next month and I really want to go but have no idea what to expect. I've always wanted to go to one but couldn't convince the wife to fly to the east coast just for an Egg Fest.                                                                                                                    First question is the price of food included in the ticket or is that separate?  Went to a bbq competition once and everything was a separate cost and ended up being a very expensive day. 

Second question, do they sell eggcessories or parts for the eggs? Would like to buy stuff for my mini egg that might be hard to find. 

Lastly, what socal members are going or have gone to this one before? 

Food is generally always free. There is usually a Bge tent with accessories and sometimes other vendors if it's not put on directly by BGE (ace, local hardware store)

My experience with the mini, not many accessories available and the ones you do want won't be at the fest. Not enough demand to bring them along

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, this one is on the BGE website and appears to be put on by a BBQ store but the fest is going to be at a mall??? It's about a 3 hour drive for me so I'm trying to decide if it's worth the trip. 

Thanks for the info, this one is on the BGE website and appears to be put on by a BBQ store but the fest is going to be at a mall??? It's about a 3 hour drive for me so I'm trying to decide if it's worth the trip. 

Did they run the event last year and post photos or results? You might get an idea of the scope, how many attended, what was for sale, etc.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the re is a local BGE group participating and can be found on the Egghead Forum. That may be a good place to post your question because it is almost purely about the Egg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7 minutes ago, LargeRedJoe said:

Did they run the event last year and post photos or results? You might get an idea of the scope, how many attended, what was for sale, etc.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the re is a local BGE group participating and can be found on the Egghead Forum. That may be a good place to post your question because it is almost purely about the Egg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I haven't been able to find any photos and it looks like this might be the first year they are doing it. We don't get very many Egg Fest's here on the west coast, the last one I found was back in 2014 and it looked small. This one is set for 400 guests but is being held at a mall I don't know how it's going to be set up or even if that many will attend. Egghead forum seams very skeptical, some threads say it will go on and others say it's just going to be a cooking demo and not an eggfest.