One of my other Hobbies, Firearms

coldfusion

A gun owner for 30 years, I don't hunt I just target shoot weekly.

I shoot 22lr, 9mm, 10mm and 45 Colt.

A early Spring morning at the outdoor range, a light fog on the ground, grass as wet as walking in water. A thermos of good coffee listening to the birds sing....

I love shooting my custom made by me 22lr rifle at 100 yard 3" target and hitting it 7 out of 10 times most of the time.

097746d3ec6d1b238e09cea487d063f0.jpg

It's based on the Ruger 10/22, but it doesn't have a single Ruger part other than the mag.

For handguns I love Glocks! I even took classes to be a Glock armorer. I have way to many of them. I really love shooting the 10mm. I just installed a new red dot (Burris FastFire 3) for my G20 SF, really helps old eyes hit the target better.

c3e94b503a01ed90727266d7b59aaaf2.jpg Strictly for shooting at targets, I would never carry a 10mm for PD.

I make most of my own ammo (9mm and 10mm) with a Dillon 550b. The best ammo maker in the world!

6e4df579fec4d366032d110c39b7a16f.jpg

Taught my 3 kids gun safety from a young age, took them shooting with me all the time till the girls were so bored. Now teaching my 11 grandkids gun safety. Wife and I always believed knowledge was safety. My kids from a young age could safety check a gun handed to them.

With 300 million guns in the USA everyone needs to learn gun safety at a early age.

You can always find a local NRA basic gun safety class in your area if interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see you have a dhillion press.  They make some good presses.   What kind of stand is your press on?  It looks like a better option then placing on a desk.   

Hi Rob,
It's a, hate to say it...Lee press stand. I think it works extremely well, small footprint and really sturdy. You add ballast (concrete pavers) below it to keep it from moving/tipping. I think they run around $80-$100.
bce0e077a3296536af31a85f0a45289b.jpg
I added a piece of 1x6 on top, enough to hold my scale when needed.
4ac1cbc9fa7d40de415ff0eebc6e1bde.jpg
6dac72023da253da82ffc8e7c6b3039d.jpg
Other side cut to fit top so I could access bullets. I drilled 2 holes to hold brass pins from bearing plate if I need to remove them and not misplace them.
It's compact, sturdy and have made thousands and thousands of rounds with this set up.

1 hour ago, coldfusion said:

Hi Rob,
It's a, hate to say it...Lee press stand. I think it works extremely well, small footprint and really sturdy. You add ballast (concrete pavers) below it to keep it from moving/tipping. I think they run around $80-$100.
bce0e077a3296536af31a85f0a45289b.jpg
I added a piece of 1x6 on top, enough to hold my scale when needed.
4ac1cbc9fa7d40de415ff0eebc6e1bde.jpg
6dac72023da253da82ffc8e7c6b3039d.jpg
Other side cut to fit top so I could access bullets. I drilled 2 holes to hold brass pins from bearing plate if I need to remove them and not misplace them.
It's compact, sturdy and have made thousands and thousands of rounds with this set up.

Thank you for showing the pictures.    I am thinking of getting stand so that I can reload my 30.06 ammunition.   I need to do some bracking loads with 165 and 180 grain bullets,  my plan is to see which load gets required velocity and best grouping.   The 165 grain bullet would be used for deer and 180 grain I would be used for Elk and moose.      I like the idea of stand because I can use in basement but move to garage once I have garage built, which will be a few years away.  

The rifle I use is a Remington model 700 BDL 30.06.   I had the rifle glass bedded and also had trigger adjusted to 7 lbs pull to be safe for hunting but still allow for smooth trigger squeeze.  I believe I have the same model of Dhillion press shown in your picture.   

Would love to collect guns but australia has harsh rulings on them. In February we were cleaning the father in laws sheds out and came across an Italian side by side 16g shotgun in a woodenbox. Just handing it into the police station was a big issue, went in said its in the boot of the car, was like ww3 broke out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk