New Firebox

retfr8flyr

I got my new firebox replacement and installed it. KJ is starting to get caught up,so if you are waiting for one it should be coming soon. The new box is much heaver in total than the original and with the spacing involved all the cracking problems should be solved It's  not as hard to install as I was anticipating. I was by myself but I think it would be easier with a helper.

New-Firebox_zpsmkd5cjug.jpg

I got my new firebox replacement and installed it. KJ is starting to get caught up,so if you are waiting for one it should be coming soon. The new box is much heaver in total than the original and with the spacing involved all the cracking problems should be solved It's  not as hard to install as I was anticipating. I was by myself but I think it would be easier with a helper.

New-Firebox_zpsmkd5cjug.jpg

When did you submit your claim? I'm waiting on a new box as well. I submitted claim back in March.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I put in a warranty claim a little over two weeks ago for a cracked firebox and cracked base. I didnt hear anything for 2 weeks so i called and the lady said nobody put in the order for my claim so she did at that time. I recieved everything today and the firebox was the new style. 

4 hours ago, chaded said:

I put in a warranty claim a little over two weeks ago for a cracked firebox and cracked base. I didnt hear anything for 2 weeks so i called and the lady said nobody put in the order for my claim so she did at that time. I recieved everything today and the firebox was the new style. 

Well, scratch that. Pulled my base out, got it out back and on the porch and it does not come close to matching the lid as far as measurement goes. I have a pretty good 'overbite' going on.....

17 minutes ago, chaded said:

Well, scratch that. Pulled my base out, got it out back and on the porch and it does not come close to matching the lid as far as measurement goes. I have a pretty good 'overbite' going on.....

I recall reading that the new hinge isn't compatible with the previous Joes.  From your experience it sounds like they had to change the dimensions of the base & lid to make the new hinge work.  If that is the case then a cracked base means a new base, a new lid, and a new hinge, or they have to keep a stock of the old bases and lids on hand for warranty claims.

32 minutes ago, NCJeff said:

I recall reading that the new hinge isn't compatible with the previous Joes.  From your experience it sounds like they had to change the dimensions of the base & lid to make the new hinge work.  If that is the case then a cracked base means a new base, a new lid, and a new hinge, or they have to keep a stock of the old bases and lids on hand for warranty claims.

My understanding is they have a stock of old bases but they don't measure the same so they need a measurement of yours so they can go find one that fits. The customer service lady said they had bases but she would have to find one that matched. I asked what happens if there isnt one and she told me my 'order' gets put on backorder until one comes in.