Joetisserie accessories

Soton

I've just ordered a Joetisserie and now I am wondering if there are any joetisserie accessories to go with it?  what I have in mind is a wire cage that fits on the rotisserie forks so food like firm vegetables like peppers, onions maybe small corn and small cubes of meat, even rashers of bacon can be placed and cooked while tumbling around inside the cage, dose anyone know if this is available or of something of that sort that could be used for that purpose?

2 hours ago, landscaper said:

love my fill-it-and-grill-it basket.

love my Octo-Forks.

like flat baskets for some cooks.

have a crush on the rib-o-lator... Haven't gotten one yet, but plan to at some point.

extra forks are good to have.

good spray bottle is nice to have.

drip tray and charcoal basket are handy for some cooks, where you want less-direct fire action.

chicken.  Tons and tons of chicken.  Whole chickens.  Chicken parts.  Big chickens.  Little chickens.  I haven't met a chicken that didn't absolutely love the JoeTisserie.

2 hours ago, JayhawkPharmer said:

love my fill-it-and-grill-it basket.

love my Octo-Forks.

like flat baskets for some cooks.

have a crush on the rib-o-lator... Haven't gotten one yet, but plan to at some point.

extra forks are good to have.

good spray bottle is nice to have.

drip tray and charcoal basket are handy for some cooks, where you want less-direct fire action.

chicken.  Tons and tons of chicken.  Whole chickens.  Chicken parts.  Big chickens.  Little chickens.  I haven't met a chicken that didn't absolutely love the JoeTisserie.

what do you love about the Octo-forks?  What do you feel they add over the standard forks and when do you use them?

Thanks for your suggestions, I like the look of the fill it & grill it basket but it's not available in the UK, I have found some baskets on Amazon but will wait until the joetisserie is delivered so I know what size the rotisserie basket I will be able to use with it 

I'm in the same boat of shopping for rotisserie accessories. Did my first rotisserie ribs last night and I'm hooked. Only problem is how do I cook more at one time.

I used my napoleon kebab rack to wrap my ribs around and I think I could get 2 racks on, but it's not as sturdy as I'd like.

I've seen the rib-o-lator, but that doesn't actually turn the meat, so no self basting. Seems to defeat the purpose of using the rotisserie

I saw the 'rib cage' which seems to be similar in concept but more sturdy, more expensive and less versatile.

e7075ad5531f0b07b20cd624c3d80901.jpg

I've also been eyeing this 4 sided basket, but it is quite spendy and I haven't seen much feedback on it. Seems pretty versatile and might be worth it.

c12f90d6301529f48c4325011ef674c2.jpg

The octoforks are on my radar, but I'm a little unsure about ribs perpendicular to the spit vs parallel or wrapped around. And, from what I've seen, one set of forks can turn 2 racks of ribs. Still looking for more capacity than that. Maybe basket + octoforks? Not sure how close to the edge you can put them on a big joe.

Lastly, I'm trying to figure out if I could use my rotisserie forks facing away from each other to hook multiple slabs have to give that one some more thought or a test run.

15 hours ago, afingerhut said:

I'm in the same boat of shopping for rotisserie accessories. Did my first rotisserie ribs last night and I'm hooked. Only problem is how do I cook more at one time.

I used my napoleon kebab rack to wrap my ribs around and I think I could get 2 racks on, but it's not as sturdy as I'd like.

I've seen the rib-o-lator, but that doesn't actually turn the meat, so no self basting. Seems to defeat the purpose of using the rotisserie

I saw the 'rib cage' which seems to be similar in concept but more sturdy, more expensive and less versatile.

e7075ad5531f0b07b20cd624c3d80901.jpg

I've also been eyeing this 4 sided basket, but it is quite spendy and I haven't seen much feedback on it. Seems pretty versatile and might be worth it.

c12f90d6301529f48c4325011ef674c2.jpg

The octoforks are on my radar, but I'm a little unsure about ribs perpendicular to the spit vs parallel or wrapped around. And, from what I've seen, one set of forks can turn 2 racks of ribs. Still looking for more capacity than that. Maybe basket + octoforks? Not sure how close to the edge you can put them on a big joe.

Lastly, I'm trying to figure out if I could use my rotisserie forks facing away from each other to hook multiple slabs have to give that one some more thought or a test run.

I would easily take the expandable Ribolator over the U-Unique Rib basket.

The roast 'em up basket has some great potential for hard to spin small items like nuts and small veg.

https://www.roastemup.com/shop?olsFocus=false&olsPage=products

F8891BAA-2C08-4896-896F-D630ADB78A74-4635-000003B6C6392CC0.jpeg

I would easily take the expandable Ribolator over the U-Unique Rib basket.

I don't get the ribolator.... yes it's a rack operated by a rotisserie motor, but what is the advantage? The food moves in a circle in the cooker, but it is not turning over and self basting. The self basting is what provided the unique texture and flavor of rotisserie cooked meat.

Ribs don't really benefit as much from self basting.  They have a lot of fat and stay moist.

Ribs can be very fragile when they start to come off the bone.   They might not be the best item to spin outside a full basket.

Guys using Ribolartors are winning comps.  The results must be good.