• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 5/2/2017   05/02/2017

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.   IF YOU ARE COMING HERE TO POST A COMPLAINT ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GRILL COMPANY OR ANY VENDOR AND HAVE NOT ESTABLISHED YOURSELF AS A PARTICIPANT ON THIS SITE, WE SUGGEST THAT YOU REFRAIN FROM MAKING THE POST.  IF YOU HAVE MADE LESS THAN 25 POSTS TO THIS FORUM, YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE OR COMPANY COMPLAINT WILL LIKELY BE REMOVED FROM THE SITE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE MODERATORS AND ADMINISTRATOR.     THE IMPORTANT STUFF:   1. NO PROFANITY 2. NO PERSONALLY ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR 3. BE NICE.   Failure to adhere to these three basic rules can and will get you removed from this site.  You will get a verbal warning for a first offense.  After that you get suspended.  After that you get permanently suspended.  The decision of the administrator and moderators is final on any issues related to rules and behavior.   YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).
later4ya

My Costco Demo Deal

32 posts in this topic

Get there early , I think you will really like the JR for those small cook's , good luck , and nothing like having all 3 to show off even thou most people will think your nuts!!!

I think I would love to have all 3. Gonna sell off a few of my Weber's too so I don't feel so guilty. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadshow is in my neck of the woods this weekend and next (2 different Costco's)...will probably go look at them and atleast pick up some lump...tempted to return/exchange the PittBoss I purchased in April though...don't know if I feel like spending the extra money though. The PB has been just fine for me. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jakekake
      Hi!!  need help as I am not really sure what I have or how to use it.  My father was stationed on Midway Island in 1970 and bought what he always referred to as a ”Japanese Hibachi " in Hawaii in 70 or 71.  He had it shipped to my mother's parents house where it was stored in a barn and never opened/used.  I recently picked it up after seeing all these similar grills become trendy in the stores.  A friend recently looked at it and said he thought it was an original of some sort as the crate has Japanese writing on it.  He suggested I figure what it is before opening it and using it.  Any help and info would be appreciated.  I have attached a picture.  Thanks.
    • By T Yelta
      Greetings everyone.  I've been soaking up all of the good tips and advice here and I finally decided to post.  My first kamado was/is my Akorn which I absolutely love. I learned a lot from a few good years of cooking on it.  I picked up a Big Joe at the Richmond road show a few months ago and I love cooking on it as well.  You can find me outside cooking most days rain or shine, cold, hot whatever.

My progression:

gas grill*
      Masterbuilt 40" electric smoker*
      Weber Smokey Joe
      Akorn
      Big Joe

*haven't used in years

I still have them all (yeah, I have issues right) and have been warned not to bring any more cookers home 

Thanks for looking... happy cooking...

I'll try to add some pictures of a cook this weekend.
    • By Tomas Salonen
       - Content deleted as a terms of service violation - 

This member posted complaints about lengthy delivery of his Kamado Joe grill.  

• By Shipmonster
      Started a brisket Saturday night for a loooooooooooooooong smoke and the results were outta' this world. This was a section cut from a whole packer (starting to realize it does make for a better brisket) it was seasoned with holy cow rub and injected with their Honey hog injection powder. The liquid I used for the injection was 100% pineapple juice hoping it would tenderize the internal meat because of the acidity of the juice..... and I was very much correct on this. 

I couldn't really try the "pull test" because it would fall apart just lifting it up lol. BTW I cooked it to exactly 201F ( I've heard magic happens at 203 but I didn't want to risk anything for 2 deg). I let it rest in a cooler for maybe 45 minutes to an hour. The smell was too good to let it sit any longer.

I don't think the cut picture does this cook justice, I'm telling you I've had brisket from Texas to Florida, expensive to cheap, and this was far and away my new favourite.

(edit) I just wanted to say that I'm still blown away at the efficiency of this cooker. 19 HOURS at 220-245!!! I don't know how you can  mess up a meal on this thing!
      Click to enlarge...

• By BennyB
      Hi guys, does anyone have dramas with their temp control while using a Kick Ash Basket in their Pit Boss Kamados? I recently got one and since then i've been struggling to keep the temp below 300f. The picture here is the bottom vent when the Pit Boss is at 300f, I can barely shut it any further. I don't have any leaks through the gasket or top air vent so I don't think much air could be getting in there (I leave the bottom plate in too), and I don't have any dramas closing it all off to starve the charcoal. I light with a single fire lighter in the centre and #### down the vents about 50-100f before the target temp. Any ideas on what I can do to get it under control? Cheers in advance.