Marbque

Break in cook on the 24x48 charcoal grill

Marbque ,

I have been interested in the Yoder 24x48 or 24x36 grill for a while, but I have been having a difficult time finding any reviews, photo or videos.  Do you use the Yoder just for grilling or do you also smoke on it?  Any chance you have any additional photos?  The links in the April 15th post don’t seem to be working.  Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give.

Regards,

John

2 hours ago, BURGER MEISTER said:

Check out Pelletfans.com for info on pellet poopers.

Thanks for the suggestion but my inquiry about the Yoder 24x48 is about the Yoder charcoal grill and not a pellet smoker.  I will still give pelletfans.com a look.  

Bosco has tracked me down. 

BBQJohn sorry for the delayed response to your question. We have smoked on it before but we really prefer our Kingman for smoking. The 24x48 is very nice and can pull double duty. If you have any more questions or need more pictures please let me know. I would be more than happy to take some for you. 

Marbque Midwest 

On 1/17/2018 at 10:23 AM, Marbque said:

Bosco has tracked me down. 

BBQJohn sorry for the delayed response to your question. We have smoked on it before but we really prefer our Kingman for smoking. The 24x48 is very nice and can pull double duty. If you have any more questions or need more pictures please let me know. I would be more than happy to take some for you. 

Marbque Midwest 

Marbque,

I am thinking of keeping my Big Joe and adding this grill.  I tend to grill a lot more than doing long smokes.  None of the dealers anywhere near Dallas have this grill so it has been hard to get information. Hope you don't mind a couple of questions.

• It appears to have a unique double hinged hood/top.  What are the advantages or disadvantages of the unique lid?
  • With the lid closed how much internal clearance do you have between the cooking grate and the lid?
  • Do you have any photos with food on the grill?

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give.

On 1/21/2018 at 1:08 PM, BBQJohn said:

Marbque,

I am thinking of keeping my Big Joe and adding this grill.  I tend to grill a lot more than doing long smokes.  None of the dealers anywhere near Dallas have this grill so it has been hard to get information. Hope you don't mind a couple of questions.

• It appears to have a unique double hinged hood/top.  What are the advantages or disadvantages of the unique lid?
  • With the lid closed how much internal clearance do you have between the cooking grate and the lid?
  • Do you have any photos with food on the grill?

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give.

Definitely keep the Big Joe, the 24x48 is a different beast in itself. Here is a picture with some hot dogs and burgers. I also am providing some links to videos we posted on Team Yoder Smokers facebook page. I will measure inside for you tomorrow

https://www.facebook.com/janetdbrown/videos/10207067552322162/

https://www.facebook.com/janetdbrown/videos/10207066186288012/

https://www.facebook.com/janetdbrown/videos/10207065553632196/

24x48 dogsburgers.jpg

backintimeniceweathergrills.jpg