New Diamond Cut Classic B

GS1397

Hey Guys,

Picked up the last Classic B from Sam's today. Easy setup with some help; did a test fire with some royal oak lump charcoal. Ran it up to around 400 or so and then closed the vents. It cooled pretty good until around 225 and it's held there for about two hours now; not sure if that's just the normal cool down or just that much heat retained by the ceramics. 

Want to get a good diffuser and wondering if anyone has used  a Pampered Chef pizza stone on this...

thanks guys!

IMG_1832.JPG

IMG_1833.JPG

IMG_1834.JPG

My OCD is killing me, please center the top vent with the temp gauge lol.

I actually purchased a charbroil pizza stone for mine from Lowe's. Been using it two years now. As for a diffuser, I use one from the large BGE instead of the Vision because it just works so much better with the legs (I did have to shorten them a bit though).

I have the Vision M and S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new vision. I do like the new diamond design. I have used the vision lava stone for 4 years with no issues. I have the Ceramic Grill Store set up on my egg and I like the flexibility it offers. They make one for the vision, matter of fact the one for my egg fits my vision classic B.

Hi,

I also bought the Vision B-Series Diamond Cut from Sam's this week.  And I found a Vision Grills Lava Stone at a Home Depot (had to look hard).  It wasn't at one of the stores near me.  Today I foolishly fired it up without running any tests first.  I didn't know what I was doing.  I chose the simplest recipe I could find and then substituted whatever we had around the house.  And, it all worked out.  I slow cooked some pork loin country style ribs and they came out great.  Love how solidly it held at 250F for me.  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

IMG_3593.JPG

IMG_3595.JPG

GS1397 basically you had the air temp at 400 and your heat soak was closer to the 225 area .It takes about 1 hr per 100 degrees ,so that would of been a good 3 hr cool down  . As far as the pizza stone that is all I ever use  for a diffuser , You can use that pampered chef one on the upper grate which I use there deep dish one up there ,but I would not use it on the lower ,since its made for the house and not the grill I cracked a home style stone .I found a 13 inch brinkman for grills and that has held up good . If using the pampered chef stone follow the recommended temp for it and you will be fine, use brinkman on bottom and your pampered chef on top ,the lower stone will protect the upper stone .

For those of you using the Vision hanger & stone, I recommend also picking up a half moon stone, it facilitates a setup where half your grate is direct, and the other half indirect. It's a great setup for reverse sears and all types of cooks.

I bought one from Euclids and used it more often than I used the full round.

http://www.euclids.com/index.php?item_id=F1512

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

For those of you using the Vision hanger & stone, I recommend also picking up a half moon stone, it facilitates a setup where half your grate is direct, and the other half indirect. It's a great setup for reverse sears and all types of cooks.

Thank you!  Appreciate the link on this.  As I've start searching other threads here I realized I may have rushed to get the Vision Grills stone as some have praised the KJ Divide and Conquer.  This half stone would work well with what I have.

On 4/16/2017 at 0:00 PM, Tarheel said:

Any idea if you put two of these on a Woo ring or Spider?

1 hour ago, Donkey Toes said:

Any idea if you put two of these on a Woo ring or Spider?

I think the Vision stone is 14" in diameter, where as this is 15.5". The extra width isn't an issue if you're only using one half, but if you put two together, although it might fit, it could end up holding in too much heat and result in a cracked firebox. I think Euclid's next smallest size is 12.5", but you should check their site, I could be wrong.

However, if you haven't purchased the woo ring or spider yet, the seller/manufacturer could probably sell you the correct size half moon stones to go with it.

22 hours ago, BillJ said:

Thank you!  Appreciate the link on this.  As I've start searching other threads here I realized I may have rushed to get the Vision Grills stone as some have praised the KJ Divide and Conquer.  This half stone would work well with what I have.

Don't worry, the vision setup works fine, I used it for several years. However, when the stone broke (my fault, I dropped it), I used that as justification to get the divide & conquer. It's not that the D&C stone is any better, but just that I didn't like the way the 2nd level stock vision grate attached to the bottom grate. I found it almost impossible to remove without removing the entire grate assembly from the grill, and even then it's difficult to remove without getting grease on everything.

Your grill is beautiful, they've made several improvements since I bought mine, especially to the side shelves. Enjoy!

So last night was my first cook and it turned out great! I did a skirt steak for tacos. Got the vision up to around 550-600 and seared for about 3 mins per side. Had marinated it in an orange juice, cilantro marinade for about 2 hours. Next time I will marinade for longer, but was a somewhat last minute decision.

One thing I have noticed that it seems that some of the higher end grills have the grate closer to the coals than the vision. Unless i'm not building up the fire correctly, it seems that the grate is a little high; is this something others have noticed and if so, is there a way to lower the grate into the fire box to get it closer to the coals....