Pellet Grill St. Louis Ribs

Not cooked on a Kamado but thought I'd share a photo of a cook for those that are on the fence about pellet grills.

I def use the pellet grill and smoke more often because of the ease of use. Overall cooker food quality the Kamado is hard to beat but for a weekday cook a pellet pooper is very good

f60968679e8ecf95dc4e200985a4c4c4.jpgad3ae88f8dad9d260fd9a52b5e80329d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, rwalters said:

I find it very hard to beat the quality/results of pellet smoked ribs. Nicely done :)

^^^ Ditto. 

I have been very pleased with the ribs that I've done on my pellet smoker. Yours look good.:good:

Thanks guys for all the kind words.  Only issue is level of smoke needs to kicked up a notch,  Even with an Amazin Tube Smoker it was barely detectable using SmokeRing Pellets on today's cook in the hopper and in the tube.  But it was juicy and delicious

Thanks guys for all the kind words.  Only issue is level of smoke needs to kicked up a notch,  Even with an Amazin Tube Smoker it was barely detectable using SmokeRing Pellets on today's cook in the hopper and in the tube.  But it was juicy and delicious

Yep, pellet cookers definitely lay down a light/clean smoke profile... but that is the very thing that many, including myself, love. It's more like adding a "smoke seasoning" to the meat vs the meat just being "smoked".

Not everyone will agree with what I just said, but I have yet to find someone that does not really enjoy what comes from a pellet smoker. I do however know a few people that are not fond of "smoked" food. Crazy I know, but it's true.

1 hour ago, rwalters said:

Yep, pellet cookers definitely lay down a light/clean smoke profile... but that is the very thing that many, including myself, love. It's more like adding a "smoke seasoning" to the meat vs the meat just being "smoked".

Not everyone will agree with what I just said, but I have yet to find someone that does not really enjoy what comes from a pellet smoker. I do however know a few people that are not fond of "smoked" food. Crazy I know, but it's true.

I tend to agree with you.  The star is the protein being smoked.  But for this cook I may as well have cooked it in my kitchen oven.  It was that lacking.

I tend to agree with you.  The star is the protein being smoked.  But for this cook I may as well have cooked it in my kitchen oven.  It was that lacking.

What brand of pellets are you using? Did you start off this rib cook on the 'smoke' setting...then kick up the temp after an hour or 2? I have never had meat come from my pellet cooker that would have been the same coming from the oven. I did some St. Louis spares a couple of weeks ago...they were fantastic with a nice clean smoky flavor :)

e46a4626e6a7b3641cfcc91a3766e094.jpg

What brand of pellets are you using? Did you start off this rib cook on the 'smoke' setting...then kick up the temp after an hour or 2? I have never had meat come from my pellet cooker that would have been the same coming from the oven. I did some St. Louis spares a couple of weeks ago...they were fantastic with a nice clean smoky flavor [emoji4]

e46a4626e6a7b3641cfcc91a3766e094.jpg

Looks fantastic. I used Maple Hickory and Cherry blend from SmokeRing Pellets.

I started it off slow. 175 for an hour and a half with an Amazn smoke tube. Then 250 the rest of the way. First time it turned out this way. And I do Ribs at least very other week. Very odd.

Looks fantastic. I used Maple Hickory and Cherry blend from SmokeRing Pellets.

I started it off slow. 175 for an hour and a half with an Amazn smoke tube. Then 250 the rest of the way. First time it turned out this way. And I do Ribs at least very other week. Very odd.

Yes, that is weird. Unless a person requires the "burp up smoke for a day" level of smokiness, that should have given a very nice level of smokiness to those ribs.

I burn cookinpellets perfect blend and have found them to be perfect to my taste.

What make/model of pellet cooker are you cooking on?

23 hours ago, rwalters said:

Yes, that is weird. Unless a person requires the "burp up smoke for a day" level of smokiness, that should have given a very nice level of smokiness to those ribs.

I burn cookinpellets perfect blend and have found them to be perfect to my taste.

What make/model of pellet cooker are you cooking on?

I have a Green Mountain grills Jim Bowie.  It has wifi controls and can make adjustments from anywhere I have a wifi/cell phone signal.