• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 5/2/2017   05/02/2017

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.   IF YOU ARE COMING HERE TO POST A COMPLAINT ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GRILL COMPANY OR ANY VENDOR AND HAVE NOT ESTABLISHED YOURSELF AS A PARTICIPANT ON THIS SITE, WE SUGGEST THAT YOU REFRAIN FROM MAKING THE POST.  IF YOU HAVE MADE LESS THAN 25 POSTS TO THIS FORUM, YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE OR COMPANY COMPLAINT WILL LIKELY BE REMOVED FROM THE SITE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE MODERATORS AND ADMINISTRATOR.     THE IMPORTANT STUFF:   1. NO PROFANITY 2. NO PERSONALLY ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR 3. BE NICE.   Failure to adhere to these three basic rules can and will get you removed from this site.  You will get a verbal warning for a first offense.  After that you get suspended.  After that you get permanently suspended.  The decision of the administrator and moderators is final on any issues related to rules and behavior.   YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).
Cgriller64

Reverse Sear Pork Chops

11 posts in this topic

Two Chops

Two Grills

Too Good

Too Fun

Decided to use both my Davy Crockett and Vision P to do a reverse sear on a couple chops. Rubbed with some Big Dick's Big Kahuna rub. First time using this rub. Added nice flavor to the pork. Definately will continue using it in the future. Best part about this cook is the majority of the time was spent in the Lazy Boy watching the ball game.

IMG_4153.JPG

Filled the hopper with some GMG Fruitwood blend pellets and brought the grill up to 180 degrees.

IMG_4154.JPG

On go the chops.

IMG_4156.JPG

From the comfort of my easy chair I upped the grill temp to 250 degrees once the chops reached 100 degrees.

IMG_4157.JPG

IMG_4160.JPG

Time to get off my you know what and get the chops on the Vision.

IMG_4159.JPG

IMG_4164.JPG

Finished on the kub.

IMG_4167.JPG

Dinner is served.

Thanks for taking a peek. :shock:

Marty, TKOBBQ, ckreef and 3 others like this

I think you just wanted to play with the Davey Crockett - LOL - great looking chops 

Cgriller64 likes this

2 hours ago, ckreef said:

I think you just wanted to play with the Davey Crockett - LOL - great looking chops 

Guilty as charged :rofl:

I am having way more fun than I should with the DC. Also wanted to give the Vision some love. 

ckreef likes this

I have a wifi Jim Bowie and love the wifi. Can't beat it. Get it on server mode and I can be anywhere a cell signal is and adjust the grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cgriller64 likes this

40 minutes ago, wilpark said:

I have a wifi Jim Bowie and love the wifi. Can't beat it. Get it on server mode and I can be anywhere a cell signal is and adjust the grill.

Wilpark I'm with you on this. When I got the DC the wifi was an afterthought for me but it really comes in handy. I can see it being a key feature when I take it camping. 

wilpark likes this

I host a lot and I love that feature.

It's kind of like the cellphone camera for me when it first came out. I never realized how much I needed a camera on my phone until I had one. Now I would never buy a cellphone without one.

other companies are doing a wifi controller like the new traeger timberline. Memphis grills has one too but a bit pricey for me right now.

Cgriller64 likes this