Aussie Joe

Anyone else having trouble getting on the KK site

Definitely seems to be a problem over there this morning. McKenzie is also having issues. 

McKenzie I deleted your two posts from this thread. They were going to get posted using that other name you wanted me to delete in the past. Hope that was okay with you. 

Nice Grinder

What would it cost to ship a KK down under or is there a local distributer?

No local distributor you have to go through Dennis on the KK website and he sells in U.S dollars go on the Web site to get an understanding of what you want then covert that to Australian add about $1300 aus in customs clearance fees and you will get your figure .

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

Nice Grinder

What would it cost to ship a KK down under or is there a local distributer?

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

No local distributor you have to go through Dennis on the KK website and he sells in U.S dollars go on the Web site to get an understanding of what you want then covert that to Australian add about $1300 aus in customs clearance fees and you will get your figure .

I think what @Aussie Joe is trying to say "make sure you're sitting down when doing the calculations!" - LOL 

9 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I was being nice mate did not want to give the poor bloke a heart attack lol

What's that saying in life - "If you have to explain they won't understand." 

Somethings in life are just worth the extra coin. 

@Polar Bear I wasn't directing this post at you personally. You did ask a legitimate question. 

Too true ckreef but with the KK it's a leap of faith as we know but we'll worth that leap.polar bear have a look at the site .I know meat stock has just finished and the low n slow movement is taking of down here all of a sudden everyone is into their stick burners but I reckon kamados are the way to go for me more versitile

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Too true ckreef but with the KK it's a leap of faith as we know but we'll worth that leap

Back when I bought my first KK  he wasn't setup for PayPal. Sending a wad of cash through a wire transfer to a Hong Kong bank account with no recourse to get your money back - you could definitely say it was a huge leap of faith - LOL. 

I did talk to Dennis a few times on the phone before purchasing and other customers told me not to worry. The first KK purchase was still scary. Second KK purchase didn't think twice about it.  

Since then Dennis took a leap of faith in me and sent me a KK that needed a small repair job. I fixed it for him and then stored it until he sold it. I even put it on the back of a trailer and delivered it  to the new owner. 

I guess the leap of faith went both ways. 

Polar Bear, if you're considering a KK, I can't recommend them enough. If it's the grill for you, get it, there's no issue with wire transfers if that's how you choose to it. We all get the jitters when we pull the trigger, but there's not a person I've heard of that had any regrets once it's all said and done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk