Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryantt

Bobby to the rescue #great results

4 posts in this topic

Well I posted just yeasterday how KJ had dropped the ball, and I would no longer be dealing with them.   I was frustrated and angry with the lack of calling me back like they claimed they would.  So I sent an email to them stating that I was done and that I felt like a sucker for believing in the product the sell!   

Well last night around 5pm I received a call and it was Bobby from KJ.  He went step by step with me down a check list and we realized I had already done all of these things on my own.  We knew it wasn't a charcoal issue as I have been burning rockwood, I had it going with 3 starter cubes, vents wide open but it wouldn't get hot.  So he said try your BGE thermometer in it and see.  So last night when I arrived home around 730p I filled up the fire box lit the thing and let it ride for 30 or so minutes before closing the dome.   I wanted to make sure I had a good bed of coals going before letting it come up.  Well it took some time but it hit 600s with my BGE thermometer in it.   I sent Bobby a text told him what happened and that I appreciated him contacting me.  Listen he didn't have to I'm one guy who has one KJ and zero social media accounts beyond this, so it's not like I could hurt his sales. But he did it out of what felt like a real concern, wanting to make it right.   He shipped me a new thermometer this morning and a gift for my daughter who loves to cook with us.  She's a seasoned vet of 2 comps and has a first place chicken....so just ask her she'll tell you.  

Bobby was awesome, took his time understood my frustration, was patient and listened to what my problems were.  In the end, perhaps I was frustrated because of slow response times or they the reps were not understanding what I was saying or were overwhelmed by difficulties in there day, I'll never know.  But what I do know is that at the top of the organization, the leadership level, they do care, they want you to like their products and be a brand ambassador.  After my interaction with Bobby I will be singing his praises on here and the BGE pages as well.  

That's nice Bobby came through for you. He responded to me about a warranty claim but never bothered to put the order in for the parts. Glad I didn't wait longer than 2 weeks to call before I figured that out.....

Bobby has always been a great guy. He will get to the bottom of any problem you have and you will be pleased.
I know he has been more than generous with his time with my situation and I was left with a great amount of respect and gratitude for him, his products and his company.
I would recommend the Kamado Joe brand to anyone that is interested in a high end smoker/grill. It is the best.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk