• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
keeperovdeflame

Large BGE New Band and Hinge Design

Saw this on the Egg Head forum and thought the Egg Heads here would be interested. 

The part number  is # 117984.  The scoop is that most dealers don't have them in stock yet so your are better off to call BGE and order directly. The warranty on the old  band and hinge assembly is 5 years. so if you have an old one that failed within that time frame you are in line to get a new model as a replacement. To make sure I would mention that I wanted the new model when reporting the failure. If your like me and one the warranty time line the cost for the new model is $130. I gleaned all this information from reading the attached comments on the original post. Hope this helps some one. My bands are pretty stretched out and the ear nubs are way bent out of shape so I am looking to get a new set. 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1204503/new-band-design-for-the-large-bge#latest

Keeper, my latest LBGE is within the 5 year warranty. Should I call BGE direct or deal with the dealer I purchased the Egg from? Also, do I need to evidence a problem with the current lid bands? At the moment I'm not sure I have a problem. Thoughts?

Al the guys on the Egg Head forum said that a lot of dealers don't have them yet, so they suggest you call the mother ship. As far as needing a problem with a warranty claim of if they will just replace your bands with a new model, I don't know. Only way to find out is to call I guess. My bands are pretty stretched out and the ear nubs are almost touching, but I don't know what qualifies as a presenting condition. let me know how it goes. 

Constant band adjustment was one of the reasons I got rid of my BGE. Glad to see they finally acknowledged the issue and did something about it. Looks similar to the Grill Dome band.

May not be a problem with the large and XL hinge but i have seen an Xl demo unit that moved sideways about an inch each time it opened and then moved back to center when closed. It made me very uneasy.

1 minute ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Yeah, I had the same reaction with the XL hinge. From the comments of folks that have them I am thinking the large is more solid. Hope burns eternal :)

My hope would be that with a bit less load with the large--that it would be fine.

10 hours ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Al the guys on the Egg Head forum said that a lot of dealers don't have them yet, so they suggest you call the mother ship. As far as needing a problem with a warranty claim of if they will just replace your bands with a new model, I don't know. Only way to find out is to call I guess. My bands are pretty stretched out and the ear nubs are almost touching, but I don't know what qualifies as a presenting condition. let me know how it goes. 

Just sent an email to the mothership outlining my circumstances and asking that they provide me an upgraded band set for my LBGE under warranty. I realize it's Sunday morning, but we'll see what the response is. If I hear nothing by mid week, I'll give them a call on the landline.

interesting that is the reason i moved on from bge to my kk the constant adjustments and my lid would always move out of alignment glad to see they are addressing this issue to a point