Blackstone 17 inch Griddle

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Dub said:

Very nice.

My local grilling forum is killing it on those Blackstones.

I'm resisting the urge...................

I'm not resisting the urge, waiting for the 2 burner, 28" to go on sale. I figure at the latest it'll be Black Friday when I find one for $100. If not then I'll buy one full price $200 and be done with it. 

That's my plan anyway. 

On 7/1/2017 at 8:35 PM, ckreef said:

I'm not resisting the urge, waiting for the 2 burner, 28" to go on sale. I figure at the latest it'll be Black Friday when I find one for $100. If not then I'll buy one full price $200 and be done with it. 

That's my plan anyway. 

I hear ya.

They seem to make a solid product.   Additional burners add to the flexibility for certain.  

One could cook a pile of food on these things.  

I'll need to increase the size of my tribe before I buy one, though, lol.  

That.......or go full screened in porch for my grilling spot.

On July 1, 2017 at 7:35 PM, ckreef said:

That's my plan anyway. 

Keep on eye on the 36" ones at your local big box stores.. The Wal mart in town idiotically left one out with the rest of the grills and the top rusted. Not a big deal to us outdoor chefs who know a little love will fix that right up, but you can ask for a ridiculous deal and get it on one in such condition. That one got snatched up before we could buy it, $200 was what it sold for. We picked up an 8 burner 54" Members Mark event grill at Sam's for $195 because the box was a little roughed up. 

Got my Blackstone griddle this week, seasoned it up and cooked some breakfast this morning. Main use for this will be camping, but I am sure I can find more than a few things to use it for around the house. [emoji6]

This little thing is gonna be fun to use.

7ca4a0b3b222af0455913c31384bad5b.jpg

Hmmmm definitely Hurricane gear for those on the Gulf Coast. My wife and I have been talking about buying something like this or a Coleman stove. Ever been in a Hurricane w no coffee. Not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's my plan anyway. 

If you hold out even longer.,. I managed to grab the 28" on clearance from WallyWorld for $60 last spring.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, BiddyK said:

If you hold out even longer.,. I managed to grab the 28" on clearance from WallyWorld for $60 last spring.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I'm figuring black Friday isn't too far off. 

4 hours ago, Astroguy57 said:

Hmmmm definitely Hurricane gear for those on the Gulf Coast. My wife and I have been talking about buying something like this or a Coleman stove. Ever been in a Hurricane w no coffee. Not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few years ago a 2 day power outage left me scrambling with a primal ribeye dry ageing somewhere around the 30 day mark. That second morning I woke up, cranked up the kamado. Butchered up that dry aged primal into a bunch of killer steaks. We had high end steaks for breakfast, lunch and dinner that day. I also boiled a big pot of water on the kamado after breakfast so we could do the dishes. 

Power outages will never stop me from eating an awesome meal. 

On 7/1/2017 at 8:35 PM, ckreef said:

That's my plan anyway. 

Not $100 but right now Amazon has the 28" for $155 Prime shipping .

https://www.amazon.com/Blackstone-Outdoor-Grill-Griddle-Station/dp/B009971BM6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1499441500&sr=8-4&keywords=blackstone+griddle