Two young men and a truck with 2000 lbs of explosives

keeperovdeflame

Not a Political Statement, I promise. Just an amazing story of bravery, dedication, and duty in the face of grave danger told by Major John Kelly. Touched me deeply and I am guessing it will touch you regardless of your political leaning. I am sure that every country has men of this quality in their ranks. Selfless servants of the common good. 

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/everyone-read-john-kellys-speech-172606484.html

Reminds me of the words of Chester Nimitz.

"They fought together as brothers in arms; they died together and now they sleep side by side.... To them, we have a solemn obligation - the obligation to ensure that their sacrifice will help make this a better and safer world in which to live."

1 hour ago, Cgriller64 said:

Reminds me of the words of Chester Nimitz.

"They fought together as brothers in arms; they died together and now they sleep side by side.... To them, we have a solemn obligation - the obligation to ensure that their sacrifice will help make this a better and safer world in which to live."

I was thinking about my Dad today, He was on the Yorktown when it was sunk in the battle of Midway. He lived to be 99 years and 9 months, and never stopped grieving over the shipmates he lost. With that mind set, I read this speech by Kelly and was just overcome. Never were truer or more applicable word spoken than the  Nimitz quote