i took the red pill

bluayeddvl

after a fair amount of due diligence here in the Vision forum and in a few of the others on this site, I committed and brought home a new member of the family.

mrs suspected i was up to something the past few days, rearranging the items on the deck etc.  and she was right (of course), but still let me head out to the HD alone today anyway (maybe because i promised to price the mulch while i was there).  also pleased to report, she actually seemed to be somewhat enthused after i had it all together.  i know this to be sincere because she was right at my shoulder to see how to light it properly and how to adjust upper and lower vents, etc.

so here it is, crappy phone pic of my new Vision S, i still had to insert the ash-pan/lower vents, but you get the idea...

to be perfectly honest, it does seem to be reasonably well manufactured and i'm completely looking forward to many tasty sessions.

IMG_20170423_154001.jpg

Nice buy.  My first kamado was a Vision Pro S.  I still own it, and have been cooking on it 2/3x per week since early 2012.

Hard to beat it for the price--stainless steel bands, cast iron top vent, a simple dependable hinge that locks back dependably, a pre-cut firebox that's hard to crack, and a full bundle right out of the box.

:congrats:Please post lots of photos of your cooks.

Hey Blu, I got one of those, too, just last week from Home Depot. Cooked my first steak on it yesterday (Sunday) and it turned out great. I had never even considered owning a domed grill until very recently, I'm going to love cooking on this thing, I think. This is a great forum, too.

6 minutes ago, woodlands52 said:

Hey Blu, I got one of those, too, just last week from Home Depot. Cooked my first steak on it yesterday (Sunday) and it turned out great. I had never even considered owning a domed grill until very recently, I'm going to love cooking on this thing, I think. This is a great forum, too.

Welcome, please stop by and introduce yourself. 

@woodlands52 - i concur.  i admit that my initial thoughts were leading me to think that they were the minivan of grilling at first.  yes, i did think that.  my bad.  but that was a number of years back.  so here we are, and the more i read and explored, heard from family friends that use them, the more they seemed to make excellent sense. 

everything i've been reading over the past couple of weeks while trolling the various forums here, for real-life feedback on various models, brands, accessories, and the almighty cook shots has been awesome.  everything is here.