• Similar Content

• By wallawu
      As we all know, there's a big game next weekend, which means a big-time cook to match.  I have a vacuum sealed frozen brisket that's around 15 pounds that I'll need to thaw out.  I've not done this with such a large piece of meat, and some folks have me worried that if the outside ends up being too warm too long people will die.  I don't have room to let it slowly thaw in the fridge, and it is hurt-your-hands frozen.  Is there a certain method I should use?  Surely a cooler full of water would be fine, right?  Just don't know how long it'll take.  Thanks for the help, folks!

Edit: two weekends away
    • By Tarnation
      Smoke rolls early in the morning for this rack of ribs and a prime brisket.  Binder is mustard, rub for the ribs is a Traeger rub I poached from dad, rub for the brisket is Thundering Longhorn beef rub. I'll keep you updated.

• By Ardbeg Guy
      Greetings all! I live in WV. In my area, we don't really have a quality butcher within at least an hour drive. I would like to get a brisket, and have been thinking about buying from Amazon or Snake River Farms. Does anyone have any feedback or suggestions on other places to look? Thanks!
    • By Brickyoung
      Hey folks,

i am considering purchasing a grill extender for my Big Joe.  I want to purchase the Kamado Joe branded expander but I am curious if anyone can suggest some good alternatives? Thanks! 
    • By Cooking in Ohio
      Has anyone replaced your old felt gasket , with the new mesh style ? If so have you tried just replacing just the dome or the bottom half , and leaving the other side with nothing ? 
      Thanks for any input you may have