Sign in to follow this  
freddyjbbq

prototype rain cap kj beta test (patent pending)

Maybe you and [mention=10952]bostoncoffeeparty[/mention] should get together and put on a comedy show. 

Just because my new firebox didn't come pre-painted to match the inside of my grill don't lump me in with this senseless post. I have too much respect for my grill to use cheap hacks when I could buy branded gear that solves the same non-existent problem for way more money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, bostoncoffeeparty said:

Just because my new firebox didn't come pre-painted to match the inside of my grill don't lump me in with this senseless post. I have too much respect for my grill to use cheap hacks when I could buy branded gear that solves the same non-existent problem for way more money!

Just remeber, sarcasm doesn't always come across on posts....

what worked best, spray paint or a roller? 

On 5/5/2017 at 8:45 AM, bostoncoffeeparty said:

Lol, that’s awesome 

8 hours ago, gotzero said:

This looks promising. I do wish there was a Jr "control tower" (and since the kamado is at kid height, an air hinge).

I had found that light to moderate rain wasn’t much of an issue, but the rain storm on this day was so intense that it actually lowered the temp of my grill significantly.

this was also a long cook (beef short rib if I remember correctly) and I wasn’t opening the lid much or frequently 

anyway, I’m sure that you could easily fashion a drip cap & prob have some materials around the house that could work