Purple Crack Berry Potatoes

Awesome looking meal.  My husband and I were talking last night about how it's the little things that make cooking taste like "restaurant" food. Like whatever delicious topping is on your steak. I have to ask what it is?

29 minutes ago, shuley said:

Awesome looking meal.  My husband and I were talking last night about how it's the little things that make cooking taste like "restaurant" food. Like whatever delicious topping is on your steak. I have to ask what it is?

That is a mixture of melted butter, Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar, and feta cheese. First time using this mixture. Tasted pretty good. 

1 hour ago, kaybee said:

Now that is a beautiful looking cook!!

Now please explain to me the purple crack berry part?

Tasmanian Pepper Berries. They turn your food purple and are almost as addictive as crack. 

Tasmanian Pepper Berries. They turn your food purple and are almost as addictive as crack. 

Ah, going to have to look for those. They sound intriguing.

It's a unique name for a dish .... Your post came up first when I did an Google search on the term (which I was slightly worried about doing [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] ).

8 minutes ago, kaybee said:

Ah, going to have to look for those. They sound intriguing.

It's a unique name for a dish .... Your post came up first when I did an Google search on the term (which I was slightly worried about doing emoji1.pngemoji1.pngemoji1.png ).

They are the Tasmanian Mountain Pepper plant. Only comes from Australia and mostly from Tasmania. Very hard to cultivate so a large portion of the crop is harvested from the wild although there are a few farms making a go of it. 

There was none available last year due to a drought. A better crop this year but still not sure how easy they would be found for general sale. @Aussie Joewas nice to work with me for over a year and a half to get me some. I feel very fortunate in that. 

They are the Tasmanian Mountain Pepper plant. Only comes from Australia and mostly from Tasmania. Very hard to cultivate so a large portion of the crop is harvested from the wild although there are a few farms making a go of it. 

There was none available last year due to a drought. A better crop this year but still not sure how easy they would be found for general sale. [mention=7464]Aussie Joe[/mention]was nice to work with me for over a year and a half to get me some. I feel very fortunate in that. 

Are you deliberately trying to drive me insane? Something with such a great build up and I likely can't get it???? Arggh...

I do admire your dedication, spending a year and a half in quest of an ingredient!!! Now where's my pith helmet and knife, I have a mission...