HawaiiJoe

How do I get my Big Joetisserie to fit?

33 minutes ago, Bachman 5 said:

I've noticed with mine that even though it fits and seals fine ( no dollar bill test but no smoke seeping out either)  , that it seems a little hinge bound in the back but guess there is enough weight on the dome to over come it. Then yesterday as I was fitting it on I noticed the gasket as worn down quite a bit in the back but have no idea if it's because of the Joetessrie , I'll just keep watching it.

In turn makes me wonder if or when I go with the new gaskets will they be thicker then the felts ones as this might cause a problem.

My Red Joe Fits the Joetisserie Red Bog Joe fine.  It will not fit my Black Big Joe with the thicker HiQue Gold Gaskets.  I would strongly caution against switching to thicker gaskets.

Just to update this thread, I reached out to Meghan at KJ and as always a great customer service experience. They are working on a solution. It's my understanding that my fit issue is not common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed with mine that even though it fits and seals fine ( no dollar bill test but no smoke seeping out either)  , that it seems a little hinge bound in the back but guess there is enough weight on the dome to over come it. Then yesterday as I was fitting it on I noticed the gasket as worn down quite a bit in the back but have no idea if it's because of the Joetessrie , I'll just keep watching it.

In turn makes me wonder if or when I go with the new gaskets will they be thicker then the felts ones as this might cause a problem.

I would say like my Classic with the gasket wearing at the back is because it's too tight. Readjusting would help with joetisserie fit.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

On 23/05/2017 at 6:25 PM, HawaiiJoe said:

Just to update this thread, I reached out to Meghan at KJ and as always a great customer service experience. They are working on a solution. It's my understanding that my fit issue is not common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

did you find any solution for this problem. I recently got BJ JT and I’ve exactly same problem. Doesn’t matter where I place it, doesn’t seal properly and within couple of usage gasket on the back has worn out completely. I’ve raised support case though, but keen to know if yours is fixed. 

It looks like the air hinge isn't set heavy enough. When it's above the JoeTisserie it should "float." Going neither up nor down. Look at the directions and wrenches that came with the Joe, actually there was no 10mm wrench in the kit they sent but easy to grab on from your workshop, or head over to Ace Hardware.