• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!

Well, years ago I gave it a go and I did very well.  I am struggling to get back into program and let about 20 lbs creep back on, so I decided Sunday was the best time to get a healthy kick start.  I will be going to Vegas next week, so its likely all for not, but I am looking forward to getting back to it.  

I am already down 8 lbs. and getting past the food headaches and carb withdrawals.   I use to follow atkins, but think that I am going to try and eat clean more of a paleo Monday to Friday, and have 1 to 2 cheat days a week to keep from getting tired of the low carb lifestyle.  

I also signed up for a gym membership and I hope to get back into the weights. My 14 year old son is looking to start lifting, so I figure I can teach him and take advantage of that gym time as well.  

I only have 12 more pounds so I am not too far away from my goal, however, creating the healthy mindset again is the first step.  Everything will be in moderation, but if I can stick to 5 days a week of clean eats, working out, and two days of normal eating, I think that I will be happy with the end result

I think the 5 out of 7 makes a lot of sense, Ive been trying to lose 20 lbs before my next check up, and things go a lot easier if I'm not so regimented. 

You can do it!  We have been doing low carb also but we do cheat a little here and there and yes it helps keep you going.  The tough part to me is the initial 4 weeks when you have to really go full on to get things going.  We also lean more towards a Paleo low carb but allow dairy.  I get more veggies eating this way than before so I'm really not complaining at all.

Stir fry is a great fit!  We also found some low carb tortillas that taste great (not from your typical companies).  you can get one of those a day once you get past the first 4 weeks or so, 5 carbs each.

On 5/11/2017 at 3:35 PM, bosco said:

creating the healthy mindset again is the first step

Yes. So true. After having been off my fitness regime for a while, it's time to take heed. Once the mind is ready the body follows.

5 marathons, and countless century rides on my bike, it's time to get back to the good life.

Thanks for posting this mate!

Tried low carb a few years back but it was a struggle
90% of my diet is built around carbs, lots of bread, lots of pasta (how good is butter on hot toast!)

I've let a few more KGs than I would've liked creep back on over the last few years so it may be time to try and rectify that

I find eating on salad plates help a lot. My mind wants to fill a plate no matter if it is a cruise ship plate or tea cup plate. With the salad plate it is less than a dinner plate full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stick. I slip all the time. Fortunately the metabolism allows for slip ups. Consider the hard work you have done and consider if you want to give that work away and yield to old habits.

Easy to write, hard to do the above.